MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Snowy Thursday (At least here)

Bamboo

I saw on the news this morning where MI was getting snow,

and I thought of you.

It has started to get cold here. Last week or the week

before we broke a record tempature for being hot. This

morning it is 17. Brrrr.

As soon as I get off here, I'm off to clean.

It's snowing here to. We got 2 inches last night and it's still squalling. They are saying up to another 15 cm today!

For the second night in a row I was up and down with dd Laura. She keeps waking up crying, I think it's a mix of bad dreams and not feeling well. Hopeing tonight will be better!

Kim

Boy, you gals getting snow, lucky lucky lucky !!! Send some down here.

It was hot yesterday, weather changed last night, and its a little cold. Nothing major, by next week, we'll be back to the 70's.

Speaking of next week, I didn't realize that Thanksgiving is next Thursday!!! I am not ready. Everyone comes over on Thanksgiving Eve, I don't want or feel like cooking, baking, cleaning etc.etc.

Texmex

Good Morning All,

Just snow flurries in my part of Michigan but it is still

windy. Plan on using most of the day to clean house. I would

like to start getting out the Christmas decorations early

next week. I collect plush advertising Santas as well as

plush Santas from the 1950s forward. I have over 75

different ones. They are such fun.

Will keep your sister in my prayers, Spider.

Rox

i am sooo tired today. the only reason i am not in bed is that sapphire needs to be walked to school. morrigan is sick, and has been having diarrea off and on, and her nose is pouring snot it seems. the fleas have net been bugging me for the last couple days, i hope they are dead. either that ori have been bitten so many times i have built up some sort of immunity? lol i really reallly need to start going to bed earlier. much earlier. well, i have to make sapphires lunch and aff we go. talk to you all soon!

evergreen, how is your son and his wife doing?

Nothing but leaves coming down here . I believe this has been there a long time - before we realized we had to block the pet door into the laundry room because the durned mice/rat was coming in here to get into the bird seed. Anyway, it's all clean now.

Everybody, keep warm. Evergreen, I hope your furnace kicks into gear.

I don't feel like doing much today.. DH and I got into it last night, and I just don't want to be here today or tonight when he gets home. I am not one to usally rip on my husband.. But I giggled about the Humor Me post this morning. That's exactly how I feel about him today..I should clarify.. I was mad at him over something he had done and he was mad at himself as well. JERK.. He wasn't mad at me.. Do they teach guys in school how to say stuff like I love and cherish you and I am scared your going to leave me etc.. at school? Is there a class on that crap? And do women actually fall for it?

Then this morning I get up it's 16 degrees he let the furnace go out in the middle of the night, the house is freezing.. Go to take the girls to school and guess what? Car won't start.....Come back in call his work,leave a message for him to call me on break. He didn't.. Maybe he didn't get the message.(giving the benefit of the doubt here).. So I smoked a few cigarettes, ate some chocolate and hazelnut spread on graham crackers and drank a mountain dew.. Now my head hurts and I want to go back to bed.. Did the dishes,swept the floor, started the furnace, finally warming up a bit.. Now it's 23 windchill is 14.. What's that you said Theyd? SCCCCCCCCCREEEEEEEEAAAAAAAMMMMMMM!!!

Middle DS (15) got the heater going!!! he is so smart

In answer to Pixie:

Oldest DS (19) who got married week before last -is working in Mississippi with the Katrina clean up (big $$$) The workers stay in something they call a camp -in tents. A guy he had met (my age) and befriended got shot after an argument Tuesday night. DS had just been with them and went to bed 20 min. earlier(thank God or he would have been in the middle of it). He was in a different tent- but only sleeping 20 feet away. He was really shook up. He thought is was fireworks to start with (19 year old country boy mentality) he was one of the first ones there and found his friend. he was really shook up & called me at 12 AM sobbing (which is VERY unusual for him). We want him to come home -so does new wife -but he is staying on...he sounded better last night. He wants to stay and work. The cost of living is really cheep here but it is hard to find a job making much money (lots of adults here work for min. wage) Anyway -you all- please keep him in your prayers...thanks for asking Pixie-

(I am looking for a gremlin with a freaked out mom with hair quickly turning white)

It's in the 80's during the day and the 50's at night here. The cable Internet guy was 'supposed' to come tonight, but he didn't show so I called and he was scheduled for tomorrow evening. I won't be here then!!! That's why I scheduled for tonight!! I need a new provider. At least this was my last workday until the Monday after Thanksgiving although I'm supposed to be telecommuting. Right. I don't have anything to do, so I guess I will continue reading my new plant info.

Hope everyone else is having a better day.

My ex DH's wife had angioplasty and two stints put in this morning. Apparently years of smoking, bad diet, and lack of exercise finally caught up with her big time. She has already had a stroke and several smaller strokes and kidney problems. He says they are not going to smoke anymore. If that happens, at least that will be one good side effect of her problem. I sent flowers to her in the hospital. I can't stand the idea of anyone being sick and thinking noone cares.

It is cold and drizzley here. I have been fighting a cold or virus of some sort for five days. today I would probably feel better if a Mack truck ran over my head. so far I have taken elderberry tincture, Airborne, Extra vit C and zinc, you name it I have taken it. I have been cold and miserable all day. Just climbed out of a hot hot bath and have a milk steamer with rum. I have finally warmed up. DMIL is in a rehab center and will probably be there until after Christmas. Her leg was broken very badly but the worse part of it is the ligmanents were ripped in her knee and ankle. She is in good spirits though and gets lots of visitors. My spelling is terrible. Must be the rum. Ha Ha.

It sounds like most people had a stressful day! Hugs to everyone! )-sized mattress and box springs for one third of the original price, becuase it was both 50% off day, and the box is a different colour than the top. So now we need king-size bedding, and can't agree on what to get. DH wants to spend as little as possible, and I want it to be good quality and look nice. We pick up the bed on Saturday, so when Pixie comes to visit, she'll have a real bed to sleep on!!! I hope we'll be able to agree on our bedding by then!

Now, I'm at work, as usual. It's Monday for me, and I have at least 7 days straight of working 4-midnight.

~Jo

My day was average. It's been cold here, although we have no snow yet. Which is strange, as we usually have a couple feet by now.

Anyway, after work I did a load of dishes, 4 loads of laundry, made a loaf of bread, ate dinner and cleared up the dinner dishes.

I'll clean out the fridge in awhile and also get lunch for tomorrow prepared.

I have no clue whatsoever when it comes to colour. I keep changing my mind, depending on the day...or even the time of day. I like this one: http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?pro...rentPage=family

but Kev will think it's too expensive. I think the only way we're going to agree is if I make it myself. I really like the idea of chocolate-brown with accents of deep red. I don't know, we'll see.

~Jo

here are a few nice ones i saw when i was looking online. i assume you want the whole bed ina bag package. remember to look first at clearance places, ikea has a clearance section, sears usually has an outlet store, and go to cheaper stores like walmart and zellers. the first link is one i really like from walmart. i would get it myself if i didn't absoloutly LOVE the quilt nanny made us.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.d...4%3A4045%3A4754

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3212268

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3212253

http://www.specialtylinens.com/lawrence/bourbonstreet.jpg

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.as...04757&RN=31

http://www.pemamericaoutlet.com/detail.aspx?ID=6421

and for the heck of it...look at this and tell me WOULD YOU REALLY WANNA SIT HERE?!?!?!?!?!? LMAO!

http://www.touchofclasscatalog.com/jump....roductID=189550

Thanks for the suggestions! I resolved yesterday that I was just going to have to make a duvet cover, 'cause we couldn't agree on anything (that way it's cheap enough for him, and pretty enough for me!). But today, we ended up going to Linens 'n' Things, and found everything there. Most were on sale. We got a tan microsuede ( ) duvet cover, and two huge pillows, and dark brown cotton sheets (Kev tried to convince me to get fleece sheets...FLEECE! I don't even like flannel. Crisp cotton all the way!)

I am so excited to get our bed tomorrow!

~Jo

Archived