MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Monday

mommafitz

See? Told you that you weren't going to have a lazy day!

Had a hard time yesterday, blood sugar kept crashing. Got lectured by hubby. So I'm already eating pancakes this morning. I had a snack VERY late last night, so I wasn't already in trouble when I woke up this morning. That helped a lot, both with the sugar and the nausea.

Today is laundry day, both doing and folding. Oldest DD got all of the dishes done up last night, so all that's left are a few bottles and cups. So I can concentrate my attentions on the giant laundry mound in the living room LOL.

Supposed to be real hot again here today, upper 90s. We should be just about through the worst of it though.

Mo7

Mornin' Mommafitz and all to come!!

I'll join ya in that cup of coffee. I'm refusing to go to the new house til after 9. Working down there from 7-3 and then going to work is KILLING me.

Good Monday Morning. We spent yesterday pressure washing the house so we can paint. As miserable hot as it was... The adults had a way to play in the water!! To where? Who knows? Sure have a lot of windows that need cleaning because of all the power washing goo sprayed around...I really think I have too much home type work to do..rather than out hauling a load.. It's amazing that they want me to work!!!

Morning everyone.

Yeah, I think my brother had heat stroke and he's doing good now. I saw him yesterday and told him if he ever did that again I was going to call an ambulance whether or not he can afford it (and of course can't since he's basically homeless and jobless), and it would sure embarrass him since everyone has to come out of their trailers to see what's going on. I told him if he's stupid like that and dies, I will kill him! (I know, I know)

Yesterday was another hot one, we went to the river where there's a nice swimming hole for the kids, and a good shallow spot for the little kids, for 6 hours. It was only 4 when we left and DH was saying I was crazy for wanting to go home in the hottest part of the day, but I insisted since the kids were getting red (and yes, I kept putting sunscreen on them) and DH and I were red (and I stayed in the shade most of the time, only got in the sun to dunk in the river and went right back to the shade). My major thing was that we were out of water and I was getting a headache from the heat and trying not to drink all the water fast so the kids would get some too.

We were only at home for about 10 minutes to get more water and then went to the little park area and river at the other end of the trailer park. I didn't go in that water though, since it's really low now and smells like fish, ick. It gets pretty stagnent at this time of year. I wouldn't let the kids get in either until aroun 7 when the river wasn't in the sun anymore. We just stayed in the shade and enjoyed the coolness from the river. We even borrowed a tiny bbq and DH made hamburgers there. Didn't go home until 9:30. DH and DD slept in the back of the truck, it was still 90 in the house.

This week there is some vacation bible school from 9-11:50, and my kids wanted to go. Summer is still sleeping this morning, and has a cough, but she can go to if she wants. That'll give me some alone time this week.

Archived