MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Last Friday of July '06

Buttercup

Good Morning everyone.. Wow I haven't posted in here in a long time.. Do you ever feel like your running and never get anything done? I haven't even been able to can anything this week.. The garden is so very full of weeds.. I have been working at the cafe as a sub this week.. Not to mention this heat just zaps all my strength.. We have one little a/c unit downstairs.. But on days it gets about 91 it doesn't work all that well.. So it's too hot to clean house.. Too hot to work in the garden.. I found the chickens out there eating on my tomatoes! Where I have been working she has a/c but actually 3 units.. THEY DON'T work worth anything either.. Get back there with the grill wow it's all I can do to stay half way dry! Today when I go in I am taking my fan! The weather today is to be much worse heat wise..

The twins turned 16 on Tuesday.. My boy (CJ) got his license.. His sister (Kay) still has some legal issues to go through before she can get hers.. She lost her SS card.. When she went to renew it she needed a certified copy of her marriage license! (Yes she's married, because she made me a grandmother at 34!) I feel like I have'nt spent anytime with my hubby in over a month.. I mean he's here every night but goes to bed early because he's up at 3:45am.. He's been working 7 days a week.. So nothing is getting done here.. Oh well..

How's everyone today? What do you fix for supper when it's so hot outside? Guess that's all for now.. Got to go to work.. Have a great day!

Good morning all! I'm so glad it's Friday, though not sure why 'cause most days are the same when you have little ones, huh? Busy is really piling up and since I didn't do dishes last night I had to load the dishwasher this morning - I'm so thankful I have one! I do have a few more people that need to pick up their orders and then it's on to the next round.

DH won a Katadyn water filter on ebay yesterday (I think I spelled that correctly).

One of the twins has decided he's going to act like a baby again, annoying but silly. He's been crawling and talking very babyish. Trying to ignore him so he'll act like himself.

Our fence/gate will be finished this weekend and dh is going to finally be painting his truck. He almost had it done last summer but we got early snow and it just stayed too cold after that. He's happy!

Well, I better get out of here, check out a few more posts and get busy, busy, busy! Have a wonderful Friday!

Our temps are supposed to be nice (in the 90's) for a few more days. Today is my 'flex' day, but I'm going to do a bit of work anyway to make up for Wed. I have to take my niece to the credit union so she can deposit a check from her granny (my sis) to pay for her tuition.

I have been working on figuring prices for toilet paper (how many folks have that as a hobby?)

Buttercup, could your ac need to be recharged with coolant? If it doesn't seem to be cooling well, that could be the problem.

Have a great day everyone!

Such busy ladies!

I'm working on cleaning. Haven't been as nauseous last couple of days but still get tired easily. Be glad when the first trimester is over LOL.

Also working on grocery list. Safeway has ground beef on sale for $.99/lb, so if you have a safeway or von's near you, check their sale ads.

It's cooler today, thankfully. I think we're over the worst of the heat. Dinner tonight is home made pizza.

Mo7

Afternoon all! Good to see you here, Buttercup! I hope you get a break in the weather soon. We have central air so the heat doesn't bother me so much, unless I have to be outside all day. I know I'd be one spoiled brat if something ever happened to the electricity. I can remember before we had any kind of air conditioning, hanging huge fans from the ceiling and standing in front of them all day. Not fun! I really dread to see my next electric bill. Be thankful you're a grandma. I'm almost 50 and I'm still waiting.

Kaye

what is "blossom rot" ? how does lime help? i have one tomato plant that has yellowy leaves, but is producing delicious sweet tomatoes. and 2 more that are tall and full of tomatos, but none that are getting red. my cherry tomato plant is a very healthy looking dark green, with many little tomatos on it. i would be able to eat some if they top of the plant had not suddenly decided to comit suicide by breaking off.

Pixie, Blossom Rot is where the bottom of the tomato turns black and rots. It can start when it's green or after it turns red. My leaves are also yellow and dying. They need calcium when they do this and lime provides that, along with the spray. I think my spray is called "End Rot" or something like that. It's outside, I'll look tomorrow and make sure. I got both of them at Lowes.

Kaye

Kaye

Archived