MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What else do y'all wanna can?

Darlene

Starting Monday, we'll be moving on to something different to home can. Granny had asked about canning ground beef, so I figured we'd do some of that, and maybe some meal type things that use ground beef.

Wickie had asked about Garlic Jelly so I figured we'd make a batch of that up (I've never made that before so should be fun), and maybe 1 other Jam, depending on what is in season for you...strawberries, peaches, anything?

These particular things we'll can during the week of September 18-24...Buttercup mentioned some more different kinds of soups, so I was thinking maybe we could do some Split Pea with Ham for the following week...

I need ideas...I mean I can think of a ton of things to can, but I'd love to work on stuff y'all wanna do, so speak up, or I'll hafta take control and who KNOWS what I'll have us canning!

lol

Garlic jelly is a bit like Jalapena (sp?) jelly or pepper jelly (as hot or mild as you like). We love it, and use it as a condiment over cream cheese served with crackers and the obligatory wine! Yummy. Tomato jam was a favorite of my Dad's and I used to can it for him every year - my grandma's recipe (receipt?) has very thinly sliced lemon slices in it and it sooooo good. We don't really eat enough jam for me to make all the jams I would like to do. My friend used to make a Carrot marmelade that was awesome as well. Good luck to all of you and one jar from each of you should just about fill our shelves for the winter!!!

Pansy...

where is the tomato jam with sliced lemon? and carrot marelade... there is that recipe?

you can't just throw that out there... let me drool all over my keyboard and not post the recipes!!!

Archived