MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Nana - Stacking Jars ?????

YYY

Nana,

As you suggested on another thread, I looked at the pressurecooker-outlet.com site. So now I have another question - - again.

I noticed that some pressure canners can hold 10 – 20 pints. I’m assuming that since the racks have 7 “holding” places, that the jars are stacked one on top of the other. Since we are supposed to have a rack at the bottom to keep the jars from touching the bottom of the pan, shouldn’t we also have an additional rack between the stacked jars? If so, what kind of rack? Where do I get them? -- Or have I misunderstood completely???

Thanks again,

YYY

(Not Nana either )

My canner holds 20 pints and yes it has a rack between the jars as well as on the bottom of the canner. Not really a rack so much as a metal thing with holes in it. The 2 are identical and were included when I bought it.

Cat,

I wondered about stacking them that way since everything else I had read said to use a divider. I have only had to stack them once but hope to again soon. I bought a whole frozen tuna at the beach the other day.....

Duct tape? I must be in big trouble. I've just been wandering the internet aimlessly and finally decided to follow the bread trail back here.

Archived