MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tuesday already!

SueC

Morning SueC and everyone. It's too funny, but we are planning on going downhill skiing tonight. Wanna join us? It has been so cold lately. We really got off lightly this winter though. It didn't really start until about three weeks ago, but wow. This morning it is 11 and is supposed to start snowing later today. I heard that later this week it is going to be in the below zero category. Hope that makes you feel a little cooler SueC.

Better get moving. I'm trying to catch up on all of the 1000's of posts I've not read

Oh yes, Sue, do come visit! Our high today will be 22. That should cool you off for a bit, but then we get to come visit you LOL.

Spider, I don't think I'll ever catch up on what I miss. I just always hope I don't miss something important.

Well baby is looking good but we got some bad news from doctor yesterday. He's really concerned about my kidney function, and he's afraid if I get pregnant again I will do unrepairable damage. I have to go get some tests run after the baby is born to see if things "normalize". With all of the agonizing I have been doing over whether or not to get my tubes tied it seems the decision has been taken out of my hands. MY BP is stable, so it's not a concern yet, but could be later, I guess. I need to do more research. Strangely, I'm not as upset over this as I thought I would be. Maybe it hasn't hit yet. I just don't know.

OK, I'm off to read some more, then get ready to hopefully go shopping today, the shopping we had to put off last week. DH is supposed to have a half day today.

Mo7

Hey - My Dad always tells my kids that they are sleeping on the clothes line! So come on over there is always room on the clothes line to tie a couple of sleeping bags for visitors!

Sue

Sue, if you're not the outdoor type, I'll trade houses with you. I woke up this morning to a broken furnace and the temp, in the house, was 57 degrees. It hasn't gone up much since, despite the fact I've been baking all day. I think it's 63 in here now. You could relax in cool comfort.

I had to call hubby to come home from work and fix it. He couldn't figure out what's wrong with it, so he called the furnace guy. He'll be out later today, probably after dark. He is out of town right now. Good thing we got ahold of him, though, because he's in the same town that has the parts we need, so he can just pick them up while he's there.

So, that's about all I'm doing today - baking and trying to keep everyone warm. We tried homeschooling, but they complained about their frozen fingers too much, so I gave up for today.

Almost forgot - the power company guys are here today, cutting down all my freaking trees. Not trimming them - cutting them down!

I was really only worried about the chestnuts, but, bless their hearts, they only trimmed one of those and left the other 3 alone. That chestnut is the only tree they trimmed. I think they cut down 23 trees, most of them black walnut. (We have hundreds of black walnuts here, so that's not a problem)

Archived