MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Florida Travel Humor

cookiejar

Where is this place?

A man and his wife were driving their Recreational Vehicle across the country and were nearing a town spelled Kissimee. They noted the strange spelling and tried to figure how to pronounce it - KISS-a-me; kis-A-me; kis-a-ME. They grew more perplexed as they drove into the town.

Since they were hungry, they pulled into a place to get something to eat. At the counter, the man said to the waitress:

"My wife and I can't seem to be able to figure out how to pronounce this place. Will you tell me where we are and say it very slowly so that I can understand."

The waitress looked at him and said: "Buuurrrgerrr Kiiiinnnng."

Last time we had a visitor from Florida in York, we were stopped at a pedestrian crossing when the beeping sounded to announce the lights were about to change and she asked what the beeping was for. I said it was to let blind people know the lights were changing. She said "In Florida, we don't let blind people drive".

Quote:
Last time we had a visitor from Florida in York, we were stopped at a pedestrian crossing when the beeping sounded to announce the lights were about to change and she asked what the beeping was for. I said it was to let blind people know the lights were changing. She said "In Florida, we don't let blind people drive".

Quote:
Okay... But I wanna know why the Drive Up ATM at the bank is in BRAILLE !?!?

One of my blind friends has used those when he was out with me before. I stop just before it, he jumps out and gets his money. It works.

re locks on the 24/7 -- really for safety. One of the Denny's was robbed or underseige/hostage situation at one time. The cooks and helpers could not lock the doors, the doors had none at the time. Now they have locks like the rest of us, just in case.

Why do they put pictures of criminals up in the Post Office? What are we supposed to do . . . write to them? Why don't they just put their pictures on the postage stamps so the mailmen could look for them while they delivered the mail?

Can you yell "Movie!" in a crowded fire station?

What happens if you get scared half to death, twice?

Archived