MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Newbie here

okiecountrygirl

First of course, the house and a big garden (probably won't be as big this year because of house). I want chickens as soon as I can get somewhere for them built. Some of the 27 acres is hayfield, part of it is part of a 7 acre pond. Around my house there is quite a few trees. My house will face south which looks out on a pretty good size hayfield also. After hardly any hay this last year, my dad overseeded oats, rye and anything else he could find so he could cut as much as possible. I have wild turkeys, wild hogs, lots of deer, and plenty of other critters. My garden fence will have to be probably 6 foot to keep the deer out. I'm just so glad to get back out in the country again.

GoodMorningrainbow.gif and 17.gifwelcome3.

You will have a lot of space, that is so great. smile Will you have a storm cellar of some kind?? That is so important down there and it seems that people just don't have them.

For pictures, I go to photobucket.com I have an album there so I just put the pictures in the posts from there. smile Will be watching for your home pictures. smile

bighughaveniceday

Originally Posted By: okiecountrygirl
.... I'm just so glad to get back out in the country again.
woohoo Yep! I know that feeling. Living on Maui was unique but gettin' back to the boonies is so good. (Now, living in the boonies ON Maui near kids/Grkids... Hmmm.. confused ) We've been back to country living for 10 yrs now. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Lots of folks from here have been working on going rural. Some are new arrivals and some are returning. But both country & city folks will be excited to hear of your progress in the move.

bouncesheep :jumping2: yahoo

C'mon Darlene! Get that house sold already and join the ....

COUNTRY CLUB!

darlene

MtRider

Archived