MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hi! New in the neighborhood...

PureCajunSunshine

GOODMORNINGLADIES.gif and WELCOMETOTHEGROUPCOFFEECUP.gif

I haven't been on here for a couple days so now have a lot of catching up to do. smile

If you give me a few minutes, I'll have breakfast ready in the DD forum. smile Come on over and visit there. smile

HAVEANICEDAY8.gif

running Sliding in here late (I do this sometimes..) to welcome you, Sharon. Psst...is all the chocolate gone? ...awwwww! Anyway, my dh and I moved out to the boonies and thot we'd build a simple cabin. This was years and YEARS ago. Spent one of the worst years of our lives in one of the most beautiful places. Cabin did NOT happen. Enough rain to alter plans to ark-building. A year of no elect. No water. Telephone in a box....out by the road....had to run to catch it.... rollingeyes Wolves (heard but never seen) and bears (eek saw a couple of those!). Experiential learning is hard learning but you never forget it ....if you survive it! laughkick So tell your stories!

Welcome and pass the chocolate....nah,uh....I saw some......

MtRider laugh

I wanna add to that list:

jewlzm, Pigzzilla, WiccadStargazer, MomM, CeeGee, WormGuy, Snowmom, Mt. Rider, Becca Anne, and zzelle: Thanks for the warm welcomes, too!

A buncha ya'll asked to hear of my "adventures". I hope I can post in a way that will be of some help to others....as in tips and tricks you can actually use, or maybe some of my posts can be used a possible substitute for for prescription medicines to combat insomnia? Either way, I hope my posts will be of some use to somebody, somehow.

I can see where to post my favorite camping tips, and all. But where can I post experiences with bears and other wildlings? Some are funny bear stories, and some are kinda, sorta scary bear stories. Some are eye-opening, you-need-to-know rabies experiences, too. Not sure where to put stuff like that.

--Sharon

Originally Posted By: PureCajunSunshine
Darlene: Coffee did you say?? Someone once told me that I drink so much of it, I oughta just put the stuff in an IV bottle and "get it over with"...been considering it ever since. I need to work on getting un-addicted to it, tho.

Thanks for the hat tip about westbrook, motherearth, and Mother...birds of a feather are we? That tickles me to no end! If I can only contribute half of what any one of them do, I'd be doing pretty doggoned good.

Cat: Yes, three stinking years camping alright. Never expected that to happen. But, Murphy's Laws, you know...all 4,547 of them. But not all at once. I really missed not having a cell phone work in these mountains. I still have to drive for a few miles to get reception. Got land-line now! And unlimited long-distance ; )

BTW Cat, I settled in the Oklahoma/Arkansas border country that has super long mountain ranges and valleys, unlike the up and down and 'round and 'round Ozarks. The long and wide valleys here act as corridors for the storms and tornados. The thunder here is awesome, bouncing from one mountain range to the other. Sounds almost like a Nature/Mood CD, complete with "surround sound".

SueC, rootdigger, westbrook, Lois, HSmom, halfpint: Ya sure? Some are real misadventures! Well, at least some of you may learn from a few of my best "monuments to stupidity", LOL!

ArmyOfFive4God, I love your name.

westbrook: duh huh...I can taste a chocolate fight coming on...I'll meet you under the old oak tree behind the barn at high noon. Bring yer best chocolate or don't bring yourself at all. Looking forward to getting to know you...if we survive death by chocolate, that is.

mistylady, are you the same Misty that pointed me to here? If you are, hey, thanks! If you're not, thanks anyway, especially for the warning about the westbrook's fast draw...

pauline: Yes, to fitting in your family. This place looks a lot like what I've been looking for for a long time. I've peeked into a boatload of boards, and came away thinking...now I wish I could find a board that had a little of this one, that one, and them over there... Well hey, it looks like I got my wish.

TO ALL: Thanks for making me feel so welcome, AND thanks for the good job you're doing to help folks prepare for some nasty curveballs life might throw our way! I'll be referring this site to new preppers. Your friendliness and knowledge will surely help make the business of preparing for survival a lot less scary and more doable.

'til later,

Sharon

Just put it where you think best.

"Country Homesteading" is kind of the catch-all animal forum.

But if it's glaringly obviously in the "wrong" place, we'll take it by the hand and lead it elsewhere. wink.gif

POST AWAY!!!

bighug

Archived