MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Maineiac - welcome!

SueC

Welcome Maineiac. I am pretty new here myself. I have relatives up your way. When I was a kid I grew up in Massachusetts and at cookouts we either went up to the Maine Cousins or they came down to us. Of course, you say where you were and it wouldn't mean anything to me. Unless it was in the town my cousins live in, I wouldn't recognize the place. Haven't even lived in Massachusetts since 74 and only have been back for a visit a couple of times. I like it there, just too cold for me. Ohio is bad enough.

welcome6 You've been rather forthright about your difficulties; my sympathy and prayers are with you. Odds are that I, too, will be a young widow. Unfortunately, not for anything so noble as defending the free world; my dh just doesn't take care of his health. frown

Yes we call ourselves Maineiacs. Even the National Guard unit that flies out of Bangor doing refueling has that on the tail of their KC-135's.

We love it along with our secret state word ~ Ayuh!! Only we can say it correctly and we identify interlopers who try to pass themselves off as Mainers quickly. I still laugh at the Hollywood types in Stephen King movies who try and say it. It comes out Ayurrr or Ay-yah.

welcome6

Hi Maineiac, Glad to have another Mainer aboard.I live North of Bangor . What area are you located in? I"am fairly new to the Group also,but it is a nice place to share our concerns,info and lifes everyday joys and sorrows with great people.

Joni wave

Archived