MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Howdy!

Marine

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Marine

No, I am not a woman. grin

That's OK. You're forgiven! There are a few others here who are testosterone poisoned, but we like them anyway. grin Just kidding. bouquet

Anyhow, you will likely find that ... rocks

Looking forward to reading your stories and posts.

WELCOME!! rocksloveplace Sure you will enjoy it here. Look forward to picking your brains on a few things. Navy Vet here and thank you as well for the service you gave to help try and maintain our freedoms. clapsmilie :usaflag2:
Originally Posted By: Cowgirl
Originally Posted By: Marine

No, I am not a woman. grin

That's OK. You're forgiven! There are a few others here who are testosterone poisoned, but we like them anyway. grin Just kidding. bouquet

Anyhow, you will likely find that ... rocks

Looking forward to reading your stories and posts.

furious well least we don't need choc to become human!!! chocobun
Originally Posted By: Tripwire

furious well least we don't need choc to become human!!! chocobun

eek

rofl

Fair enough for most of us. Chocolate would KILL me. I need COFFEE to become truly human! bounce

coffee

Originally Posted By: Amishway Homesteaders
DANGER..... DANGER!
Don't eat any of the food the 'gals' offer!
They put funny things into it that will make you go from 'all that manly stuff' kind of guy to a gardener,sewer,craft maker,cook, canner, and all around good guy! rofl

So a big HELLO from us to you and WELCOME to the heap!

Michael2

Well, I've been around the block at least once, I think.

My skills are broad and well ranged. I grew up on a ranch, raised livestock and horses. We never had much money so we made do and we lived rough a few times. We used to grow our own food, we raised our own milk, eggs, and meat. I can cook, sew (by hand or with a machine, cloth or leather), clean, make stuff, invent stuff (necessity is the author of invention), tan hides, make leather, raise livestock, butcher, milk a cow/goat, basically anything that involves ranch life.

I've been a general building contractor, used to own my own construction business. I can build just about anything, fix just about anything.

I was in the military, nuff said.

I study wilderness survival and disaster preparedness. (I can start a fire without a match.... hehe...)

I'm pretty well rounded I guess.

Yes but...

Can you put a 1916 treadle machine and cabinet together that was bought on ebay 6 months ago together, and more importantly...

Can you can...as in home canning...

darlene

rofl

Wait...lemme revise that list...

Let's see...

Do you know how to put a DeLaval cream seperator together that is in a crate and several other boxes, also bought on ebay about 8 months ago...

Ok, what else...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

I think I could do the rest myself.

rofl

Darlene, Send it on over. I'll have it back in the mail in an hour.

Used to piss my ex off that I could just pull something out of the box and put it together without once even touching the directions.

I inherited the very valuable trait of being very mechanically inclined.

I have a friend though, who is a comp programmer. He wouldn't know which end of the screwdriver to use. Fortunately his wife is the man around the house. She does all the home improvements.

I will admit I have not done any canning personally. That's something I intend to learn here pretty quick. I'm hoping to get a garden in next year come spring.

rifles through Marines pockets looking for chocolate.... wait I think I found a chocolate bar!!!! oops.. sorry about that...

I have a nice frog you can lick! (changes subject rather quickly)

I haven't read any of your stories... but then I don't get to read many stories.. wanna read one of mine?

(looking for something I am working on at the moment)

Mock Cover Stitch

A Mock Cover Stitch can be created using your sewing machine. A Mock Cover Stitch works great on Knit fabric and adds a little more professional look to your finished garment. This technique is used when your serger doesn't do a cover hem.

Your machine must be able to take a twin or double needle. You will need to check your manual or check with your local sewing machine repair shop to see if your particular model is capable of using a twin needle. The sewing machine must be able to do a Zig Zag stitch and have either a top loading or front loading bobbin. If your machine has a side loading bobbin it will not take a twin needle.

oh wait.. you probably have no clue what I am talking about! this is for my Serger (sewing) class.. not a survival group!

I don't write stories, I write technical stuff, much like if you were going to explain how to construct a building to a beginner.

nice to meet you.

You sure you don't have any chocolate?

Hiya Marine!

I have enjoyed reading your posts and stories at WR, and other places, too. I'm glad to see you here, and sure am looking forward to your posts!

Mais cher! I see you've been offered a fine array of sweets...oh hey, that's just dessert. A man's got to eat a good meal first...head on over to the Kitchen Forum for my make-your-lil'-eyes-roll-up-in-your-head Jambalaya-ya-ya recipe.

Welcome to a really dance013.gifplace on the internet, IMHO. You'll soon see what I mean...

'til later,

Sharon

Oh man Marine I am sorry I am late in greeting you. I didn't get here in time to warn you about Westbrook. Westie is the local choco-holic. Throw her some every once in a while and she will behave, well she will behave only long enough to eat the chocolate.

Here Westie have some cookies and get out of Marine's pockets bl_pecan_chocolate_chip.jpg

Semper Fi huh wow we are getting all sorts of people on here now. My FIL was Semper Fi during WWII; actually he was part of Merrill's Marauders. He was a strange man.

Look forward to reading some of your stuff.

I think Trip requested pizza, although in my book it is a little early for pizza but then again my guys have been known on an occasion to eat cold pizza for breakfast DarleneSwoon oh a mother's shame pizza.jpgcheese_sticks.jpg

Okay, chocolate on the house. My treat. Here, help yourself, I just cooked up a batch of double chocolate brownies....

And uh, yeah, that was a chocolate bar in my pocket..... Of course it was....

Dang that pizza looks good....

Westbrook, I knew exactly what you were talking about. I knew it was sewing, but that's about it. Otherwise, it didn't mean a thing... There was a term or two there I don't know what it is....

Marine, westie is what we call, our *special needs* child...we love her though lol...

I'll take some of your brownies though, if you're inclined to share. I just ate an almond joy and it just isn't cutting it. I'll trade you for 270lbs of apples I'm currently canning into various things for a brownie.

Deal?

Deal, although I have no idea what I'm going to do with 270 pounds of apples.

I'm not a fruity guy. Okay, that came out wrong....

Really, I'm not...

I like apples once in a while, but geez, 270 lbs?!!?.....

Here, just take as many brownies as you want..!

rofl

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...I'm not gonna give you all my apples lol...I'm making them into applesauce, apple butter, apple pie filling, that I'm canning...

I'm offering you SOME of my apples!

Now gimme some of your brownies already.

curtsey

no because I ate them while he was talkin' to you! now he has to bake more!

here darlene.. have a frog to lick of your very own! now it won't matter what you eat.. just think chocolate and it will be chocolate! (then I can eat all the brownies again)

them be herbed brownies!

bfrogphoto1.jpg (The blue one is colored white chocolate)

Well gee, soory I ain't got a picture to put up but there's a whole platter of gooey brownies sitting right there....

Oh wait, I left em out overnight. They're a little dry, but just pop em in the micro for a second and they should be fine...

Dig in.

Archived