MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Please Check In

Spider

For the members who live in the path of the tornados that devastated parts of the south, please check in so that we know you are ok.

Praying we hear from all of you soon.

I thought one had us Tues. night. I live right next to train tracks, so when this God awful storm was raging at 2:30am and I heard a train, you should have seen me running aroung trying to figure out if it was a twister or our train out back! We ended up with a vicious storm, but luckily no tornado. The eastern part of the state was no so lucky though.

DH woke me up at 3 am and we went down to the basement. It was full with us and 3 cats and 2 dogs..couldn't get the pony and goat down there.

The tv map was showing a tornado heading straight for our community in the next 10 minutes. When it was less than 3 miles away it turned sharply over the water to the east side of the lake. When it touched down it was laterally across from us about 10 miles. A woman was killed in her house there in a F4 tornado.

I think 4 were killed in Alabama. TN really got the most deaths and damage.

One good thing did come out of all these storms. The region got badly needed rain. In fact, our completely dry pond is now half full.

twister Wow, what a night! We had one go right over the house to touch down about a half mile from us. I knew it was coming...heard that sound, dogs stopped dead in their tracks...turned their heads to the side and ran into the garage. All 6 all at the same time, with me in the middle of them trying not to trip and fall. I peeked out the door and you could see it over us in the lightining flashes. I just kept ahold of my cross and kept praying the entire time. praying This is really a strange time of year for such a bad outbreak. And the worst thing is, we live in a helicrate (read mobile home) and there is no basement.

Glad to see everyone checking in and okay. Thanks to Cat for giving me a call! That was so sweet! Yall are a great bunch. bighug

Q

Glad to hear from you all. I knew Quilty was in immediate danger. My aunt lives 9 miles east of Union University in Jackson. She said it was pretty bad, but they had no damage. Everything blew off my cousins porch, but the porch was fine. Isn't it weird how these tornados work.

I know there are still members that haven't checked in, please check in.

Glad to everyone is okay. Spoke with my mother she is about 15 minutes west of B'ham and she said the sirens were going off all night but they did not get any damage.

Here where I am in NC we got some wind and a little rain but nothing else.

GOODMORNING3-1.jpg

Glad you are all ok. That was really a close one Q. and Momo, as well as the rest of you. I know there was a town destroyed just 20 miles from Mom11, but she is fine.

I know those tornados can be something else. Several years ago we had one in Oct. and it was only about 10 miles from us. The dogs had made a fuss and the wind was blowing but, I was not worried at all, after all, it was to late in the year for a tornado. NOT, I found out later that day there was a lot of damage done south of us.

I'm so glad all of you are ok.

HUGS3-2.gifHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

God had is hand over you Quilty! Thank the Lord you are safe. That is a scary situation. I watched one come straight toward the house in 1973. It lifted and disappaited(sp?) But gives you a whole new look on things.

Archived