MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Macaroni and Cheese powder

Hi everybody! I'm relatively new around here--not so much to emergency prep, but I'm still in the early stages.

One of the things that my kids dearly love (and me too, I hate to confess) is that stupid powdered cheese blend that comes with Kraft Mac and Cheese--just the regular old orange cheese blend. I guess it's comfort food.

I would really dearly love to find something close to it, so I could just use that and the bargain pasta that I get in bulk. (Or even homemade pasta, what an idea!) It's just that cheese blend I'm lacking. And with four boys who are eating me out of house and home, buying a tiny little box of mac-and-cheese isn't cutting it. (Even if you add more noodles. Eventually there's not enough cheese!)

Can anyone tell me where I could get something like it in bulk? (I know Provident Pantry has a cheese blend, but I wasn't sure if it's close to this or not.) I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction!

(And yes, I do make my own homemade mac-and-cheese too--this is just...well, like chocolate Hershey kisses.)

Thanks!

I buy my cheese powder in bulk to. My local bulk store/flour mill has it. It's called Mac and Cheese powder and made by Grain Pro. But I'm in Canada so I don't know if that helps much. But it taste exactly like the Kraft mac and cheese and we are picky LOL.

I agree with Dee about the Top Secret Recipes site. I've gotten a lot of good recipes from there. Another one is

www.recipezaar.com

There are lots of feedback comments on that one from people who've tried the recipes out themselves...they give lots of suggestions on variations too.

They have many original recipes on it where people are sharing their own attempts at "cloning" a commercial or restaurant favorite.

I did a search for you and came up with this list of mac and cheese recipes. Hope you find something you like:

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.php?s_ty...Search&Searcht=

There are literally thousands of recipes on that site for mac and cheese; you can narrow the search however you like. Awesome site! Enjoy!!

Archived