MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I finally did it

Suz

DH bought me a pressure cooker for my birthday and two months later, I finally unpacked it and used it. Was a nervous ninny, re-reading the instructions a million times.

Outcome: House still standing, no fatalities and 10 quarts of baked beans. banana

Having a ton of options now over doing just waterbath safe items, I am looking around the house wondering what to can next.... (talk about addicting, I actually eyed the gold fish for a nanosecond)

Is it possible to can pulled pork in bbq sauce? Should I just cook & pull the meat and jar it with just the broth, adding the bbq when its going to the table?

I'm so excited!

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

CONGRATULATIONS13.jpg

Soon you will have all kinds of things canned. smile But, not the goldfish, please. I think they are kind of small. frown

Meats are so good when you can them, some are even better after being canned. smile

HUGS4-1.gifHAVEABUBBLYDAY.gif

Ooooh? Do tell which ones are you favorite Snowmom!

Better yet, invite me over for supper to try them all out lol

(I just noticed your bubbly fish, reminds me of my betta who is having babies as we speak! I know, useless hobby but so relaxing!!)

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

Wow, we like all of the meats and everything else, well almost everything else. smile

The meats really turn out great. The Pork Sirloins are so good and they are more tender than if you had cooked them for 4 hours at 350º. The grandkids love the meats this way too. smile

I love the chicken and turkey, as I can make a quick gravy and biscuits and have a turkey pot pie in less time than to make a roast or anything like that. We love the pot pies. smile

Remember, when canning turkey or and chicken, you really need to can broth as well. You will probably need a quart of broth to make the gravy for the pot pies.

If I had to say which I liked the best, I really don't know which I would say. I do know what I would say I don't like. frown I canned some chili and 3 Bean Hot Dish in 1999 and as far as I am concerned, I will NEVER can any more of either.

Just can the ground beef and add the rest late on. smile I canned ground beef with and without onion, and if it ever goes on sale again, should get more canned. smile

Have fun canning and GOODLUCK4.gif

HAVEAGOODDAY-1.gifHUGS4-1.gif

Archived