MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

YAY!!! Getting some jars!!! (I hope)

Wonderful deal, congratulations! Just wanted to mention that I cruised the local Goodwill's last week and was surprised to see they have quite a few Mason Jars (in the ones in my area at least) on the shelves. If you're near one of their stores anyway might be worth a moment to peek in & check yours out.

Here at Value Village they are something like 29 cents a jar. I was just there and they were picked over pretty well. A couple weeks ago they had tons of them and even had another cart full there that the clerk was pushing.

Originally Posted By: ArmyOfFive4God
As they come out of the DW, I'll check them for cracks & chips & if I find any, do my customary black x on the bottoms & use them for my dry mixes.
this is a great idea Kayla! I had bought a box of those white plastic lids that fit on canning jars and just put them on each jar so I'd know which ones were not to be used for canning, but I like your X idea much better.

I've already started filling those few jars that I have w/ pasta, off to grab my marker and then onward to the pantry! wink

So many good ideas! loveplace

Now that you've taken photos, this means you MUST show & tell when you fill them. You think they're pretty now, they'll be even more beautiful once they're filled. Canning certainly is satisfying. smile

Ok Susie, you're pushing buttons and I'm sure you think it's quite funny, but I don't.

I've deleted one of your posts here in the Preserving the Harvest forum because you know full well it's outside of safe home canning guidelines.

I've moved the rest of the ones with your beautiful pictures down to the cave.

This is the last warning I'm going to give because you are intentionally going out of your way to disregard and disrespect the boundries of this particular forum.

So...

If you'd like to take alot of time uploading and posting pictures, and to type out all that you do, feel free.

With one click, I'll delete it, and it'll be gone.

Got it?

Well, what I think would be polite, is to stop pushing the envelope cause when you push the envelope with me, you end up with no more envelope.

*pout*

Originally Posted By: susie
But, but, but....

I'll try to be less casual and comfortable, then, til I know how everyone 'works'.!

You do that. And while I'm thinking about it, why don't you listen when I tell you something is a no-no. That would probably get you further ahead in learning how things work around here. I can be real black and white about what is ok and what is not ok if you'd like.

Originally Posted By: susie
I like it here, and I'm nice...promise!

Yeah? Well then let your actions prove it.

I don't have time to waste explaining the obvious to a grown woman.

I'll just follow you around and handle it as you take your little envelope and knowingly try to push it over that edge.

You'll catch on quick. I have faith in ya.

Originally Posted By: ArmyOfFive4God

Hey, you can't throw a good jar away because of a chip rofl I file them smooth & use them for dry mixes & storage!!!

I use the chipped jars for sprouting. smile
  • 2 weeks later...

I put and X on mine to and use for dry and for freezing in.

I teach a ladies Sunday school class and when they found out I was canning I have boxes of jars placed in my car from the ones that are not able to can now. I have been taking them a few jars of goodies and they just love it.

Archived