MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

YAY!!! Getting some jars!!! (I hope)

I posted an ad on craigslist saying that I wanted jars. I have been emailing someone for a couple days now & he has 80-90 something of those qt. atlas jars. He's also got a case of golden harvests that are still sealed. He's offering me the atlas ones for 8/$1. I'm taking a lid & ring to be sure they'll fit. And he's only asking $2 for the GH ones. So for less than $15, I'm hopefully coming home with close to 100 jars!!! I'll meet him at about 7:30 tonight at a car wash down the road. I'll report back later.

95 jars!!! woohoo I have the first load bleached & in the DW. A load soaking in bleach & will be in the DW as soon as this first load is finished. As they come out of the DW, I'll check them for cracks & chips & if I find any, do my customary black x on the bottoms & use them for my dry mixes. woohoo

What a blessing ! I am happy for you. Now, what will you fill them all with ? So many choices to can.

Funny how we all get excited over canning supplies and produce.

These things in life bring the most pleasure I think.

Violet, you are so right. I take a LOT of pleasure in blessing my family.

What to fill them with? Well, it depends on if the garden produces, LOL. If it does- I'm hoping for LOTS of mater products (maters, spags/pizza sauce, chili, etc), maybe some jams (though this will probable have to be supplemented with farmer's market produce), peppers & LOTS of pickles. If it doesn't produce, I guess I'll go buy some beans. I just printed off a FAB sounding recipe for pork n beans. Well, I'm doing at least one batch of beans anyway, LOL.

Had to laugh Kayla.....I ALSO put a black "X" on the bottom of my "bad" jars, that way I don't waste time trying to use them and then realize that they aren't any good. Those are some

pur-tie pictures.....only thing prettier would be them full of food.

Originally Posted By: whitewolf55
Had to laugh Kayla.....I ALSO put a black "X" on the bottom of my "bad" jars, that way I don't waste time trying to use them and then realize that they aren't any good. Those are some
pur-tie pictures.....only thing prettier would be them full of food.

Hey, you can't throw a good jar away because of a chip rofl I file them smooth & use them for dry mixes & storage!!!

And as soon as I start filling them, I'll be posting pics, hehe!!!
Originally Posted By: ArmyOfFive4God
Originally Posted By: WormGuy
clapsmilie Congratulations Kayla!!!

Even tho I am jealous. grin

wormie
John

I guess that makes us even. You have recently acquired something I covet grin

Now Kayla you know, "Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbors Grain Mill"

roflroflrofl

wormie
John

Archived