MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Mrs S bumper stickers...

Cat

Westie has (once again rollingeyes ) STARTED something...

She began posting ideas for bumper stickers with a Mrs Survival flair...

Quote:
I was thinking about a bumper sticker too! for those that dared!

Preparedness Is Empowerment

......mrssurvival.com......

we could have so much fun!

Then, of course, Stephanie got in on it...

Quote:
Here's a bumper sticker for you...

Got Powdered Milk??

Followed by still ANOTHER troublemaker... Crazy4Canning...

Quote:
Westie - here's another bumper sticker -

Got canning jars? Call xxx-xxx-xxxx to offload them!

rollingeyes

So I figured... Why not let *EVERYBODY* get in on it!!?

cheer

What are your best ideas for Mrs Survival bumper stickers???

loveplace

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What? A troublemaker? Moi?! Gee, thanks! curtsey

Some contributions for the 'greater good':

Has SHTF yet?

Do you know what TEOTHAWKI means? I do.

Got preps?

BOB is a thing, not a WHO

This isn't camping, ladies, it's SURVIVAL!!

CANNING - It's a way of life!

Be Prepared (It's not just for boyscouts anymore)

TEOTWAWKI

(Mother Nature's way of saying the party's over)

TEOTWAWKI

(God's way of saying The Party's Over)

Friend's of Mrs. S

The Chica Gun Club (Ask Darlene!! roflgun2 )

I love the one CookieJar came up with: "Be Prepared (It's not just for Boy Scouts anymore)"!

BUT, in all seriousness...I would never put anything like this on my vehicle. I would not want to advertise everywhere I go that I am 100% more prepared than the average Joe on the street...

...especially in situations where I'm known or often seen (work, school, grocery, gas stations, etc.). When times get really hard, my face will remain in too many people's memories... (more so, if they actually visit MrsSurvival.com because of my bumper sticker!)

To make matters worse, it is wickedly easy to locate someone's address via license plate number.

I suspect that a better idea may be to insert one of these cool 'bumper sticker' sayings into a flyer, and then distribute them anonymously...

Some time ago, Mother cooked up a beauty of a flyer...'twas on the Sunporch for a while, I think...

It would be cool to have access to several different kinds of flyers to 'fit' several different locations/cultures... For instance, the one Mother originally came up with is just perfect for our Southern friends (it mentioned our gun forum, which would probably go over like a lead balloon in New Jersey or California?). No? lol!

Love is never having to say you're out of TP

Mrs Survival... the few, the strong, the prepared

Ask me what PIE means

PREP - It's a good thing!

Prepare - If you have to ask why, it's already too late

Mrs Survival... I came, I read, I prepared

PIE... it ain't just fruit anymore

shrug

You're right, PCS... I have this *thing* about not ever using bumper stickers.

But I'm just having fun thinking up "one-liners" just as if I WOULD use 'em.

wink

Quote:
BOB is a thing, not a WHO

ROFLOL....yeah one battery operated boyfriend coming up...

Oh wow! This is so cool. Reading Westie's Bible Study comment last night got me to thinking. What verse would I put on a bumper sticker. I was even thinking of the parable of the Wise and Foolish Bridesmaids as I fell asleep last night.

So, as I'm sipping my coffee this AM and still pondering I do a little searching, but for another parable, the one of the three servants who were held accountable for the 'talents' that they had been given. Those who invested properly were rewarded, and I was thinking the bumper sticker might could say something about Sound Investment Advice or such.

BUT WAIT, it gets better. Much to my surprise, both of these parables are found in the same book and chapter of the Bible, Matthew 25. I like to read various translations and so checked out the NLT (New Living Translation) Guess what it says??

"Stay awake and be prepared!" Matthew 25:13

Now, there you go, the bumper sticker/Bible Study.

Originally Posted By: Stephanie
Oh wow! This is so cool. Reading Westie's Bible Study comment last night got me to thinking. What verse would I put on a bumper sticker. I was even thinking of the parable of the Wise and Foolish Bridesmaids as I fell asleep last night.

So, as I'm sipping my coffee this AM and still pondering I do a little searching, but for another parable, the one of the three servants who were held accountable for the 'talents' that they had been given. Those who invested properly were rewarded, and I was thinking the bumper sticker might could say something about Sound Investment Advice or such.

BUT WAIT, it gets better. Much to my surprise, both of these parables are found in the same book and chapter of the Bible, Matthew 25. I like to read various translations and so checked out the NLT (New Living Translation) Guess what it says??

"Stay awake and be prepared!" Matthew 25:13

Now, there you go, the bumper sticker/Bible Study.

WOW JUST WOW! I have never read a NLT, but they changed Matthew 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh to just Stay awake and be prepared or did you shorten part of it?????

I was just using a portion of the verse for the sake of brevity on a bumper sticker.

The entirity reads:

"So stay awake and be prepared, because you do not know the day or hour of my return. Mat 25:13 NLT

The NewAmericanStandard (NASB) says...

"Be on the alert then, for you do not know the day nor the hour.

there are many of these sites... add a bible search to your tool bar

http://www.ibs.org/niv/passagesearch.php

I didn't go into which version it is giving.. but I know there are these kinds of searches no matter which bible version you use or for your personal religious belief.

here is the verse:

You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them.

here is what the bumper sticker should say...

Genesis 6:21

Archived