MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Special prayers for Christian Romero

twilap

Christian Romero is 8 years old. I'm sure you've all seen it on the news and read it in the papers and on line.. this child shot and killed his father and a boarder that lived in his home a few days ago. The Romero's are related to my family through marriage and this is such a horrible, heart breaking thing that has happened.

I don't know how to explain to my grandchildren how and why this happened. Only God and Christian will know what pushed this little boy over the edge to plan and kill two people.

Twilap,

I did some work in the Social Service area, and also worked with children. LISTENING -with empathy is often the KEY, and paraphrasing back what they have said, to keep them talking. Words like “SOMETIMES, not always, YES (& yes I know), SAD/makes you feel sad, “ can help the talk, but Unlike ( active Listening) with adults, you might have to inject “ but this did not happen to my darling/sweet one” ( or such)... Maybe a suspending of the conversation with a snack, some play, coloring, etc., and allow them to resume.......

If they seem Uncomfortable for the words, or Unable to express themselves, hugs, smiles, saying “It’s OK” or something like “say what your comfortable saying” ( they’ll likely give child-like analogies— Superman many would_______, a strong man might ______, if a nice ____ came by and________, etc, which are word pictures in their minds eye and are normal means of expression.) To which, one might respond “ yeah, Superman could_______ or maybe _______, . . . . A nice strong may might do that, ........ We do need to care, don’t we.......

I just reread my prior post and realized serious mistakes were in it grammatically that made it worse than the rant it was.

I apologize Twilap and to anyone else I probably offended.

I just know there are too many things that are not being done right, and my friends who watch the news too, listened and concur on that.

so I am very sorry and removed it, but we do care about this matter. So we all promised to say prayers and hope that Christopher gets the real help to cope with all this, and for all of you in the family, friends and community can heal from all of this terrible hurt.

rantsofa

Archived