MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's Grey Cup Sunday

Grey Cup tomorrow (Canadian Football League, and my "home town team" is in the game), and the party is at my house (as usual - and yeah, I love it that way. I love entertaining).

It's an all-day affair, what with the pre-game show, etc, so we're having lunch/snacks (chicken wings, meatballs, spinach dip, veggies, etc etc etc, blah blah blah) and then dinner after the game.

I'm making chili for dinner, with garlic toast.

What follows is a Canadianized version of this favourite meal.

Lean ground beef

White onions

Diced roma tomatoes

Tomato sauce

Red & white kidney beans, black beans, romano beans

Mushrooms

Green peppers

Red, orange, yellow peppers

Chili peppers

Cilantro

Garlic

Chili powder, cumin, cayenne, chipotle powder, black pepper, sea salt, all to taste

You can figure out how to put it together..., but basically, I cooked the meat separately, then added it to already simmering veggies and sauce. I simmered the chili for hours before adding the beans. It'll chill over night, then I'll heat it in the slow cookers tomorrow. I actually made two pots, a hot pot and a wimp pot.

I prefer the hot pot.

I also have green onions and tomatoes diced, as well as cheddar shredded to sprinkle on top. And sour cream for whoever wants it.

And yeah, I know using beans is not the "way to do it"... but that's how we do it. lol

Anyway, there ya go!

Oh yeah... in anticipation of winning, I have several bottles of champagne chilling.

See ya later!

"WIMP pot"???

roflroflrofl

And why am I not surprised you like the hot???? happy02

Sounds delicious! And we do beans in ours... I think it's the supposed "Texas" chili that doesn't. shrug

I hope your team wins!! cheer

bighug

Archived