MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

My dehydrator is here!!

kimba

:cele: WooHoo!!!! I'm so excited! :woohoo: I had to come tell all of you. My kids think it's coo and alll - but think I'm a little crazy for being so excited :whistling: But I knew all of you would understand!

It's a 9 tray Excalibur. It was my treat from our income tax refund.

It's HUGE!!!!! I didn't realize it was going to be so big! I don't want to have it "put away" so I need to do some rearranging in order to make room for it.

I can't wait to use it.

So I guess the first thing I need to do is wash the trays and liners. Then maybe I'll do some apples tonight.

I'll let you all know how it goes!

Kimba

:cheer: You GO !!!

Kimba,

That is one great dehydrator you got. I am glad for you. They really do have a fabulous reputation.

I only have 2 American Harvest ones, but they work well. Still going strong after many years. Guess I can figure at least they have paid for themselves over many times.

Let us know how the apples turn out.

I am wanting to make fruit leather soon.

impatient.gif

Where are the apples? What, no jerky yet? **tummy rumbling in anticipation...**

LOL!! The apples turned out great and are almost gone actually!! Since then I've done hamburger and hot dog rolls - which are now saved as bread crumbs! And I did some mushrooms.

We had to do some reorganizing in my laundry/utility room where the dehydrator is so I had to stop for a few days :(

But, I'll be doing some things today! I want to try carrots and maybe corn.

Jerky is on my list too, but I need to research what cut of meat is best for that.

Kimba

• 1 month later...

congrats on your dehydrator. I just got me a cheaper American Harvest. but, am hoping I like it. If it does good maybe later on I can buy a better one. Have fun. I love the homemade strawberry fruit roll ups. I have some strawberries in freezer so may have to wash the trays and have at it. enjoy yours

I put two trays of bananas in it. It's louder than that old cheap one I had, which it didn't have a fan on it. How are the bananas supposed to feel when they're done? It says that it takes 12-16 hrs in the little booklet but doesn't say what it should be like when done. Leathery, hard, soft,? Help?

Archived