MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Yikes!

Becca_Anne

My daughter reminded me that last week our town hosted 80 people from Mexico. :o Our sister city is there and they came up to visit. I am assuming in addition we sent representatives there. They visited all the kids schools and the university! In addition I will be in the hospital once a week for my clinical for nursing school. I am going to start wearing a mask. I am immunosuppressed because of my autoimmune disease. I may already have been exposed. I am trying to stay calm <_<

My first thought was to say "Don't listen to Dee!" Scream, yell, get angry, and then have a good cry.....but then I realised that Dee is right, it's going to do no good to borrow trouble.

Monitor yourself and those around you that you know could have been exposed. If you do start to have symptoms go immediately to a doctor and get tested AND treated. The one good thing is that it's possible your surpressed immune system might just be the best type to withstand this flu.

((((Becca_Anne))))

:bighug2:

From what I read being sick or having immune issues could be a good thing right now. ((((Hugs))))) At any rate rest when you can. If you are doing clinicals now....you may start getting much busier than anyone aniticpated. We need ya...so rest.

Archived