MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Greetings!

Shoshana

My name is Shoshana. I am 45 and I live in rural Oklahoma with my husband of 24 years. I joined a few weeks ago but this is my first post.

I am way behind most of you in the preparing area. I do have a lot of bulk grains and legumes and have always kept "back-ups" of everything I use but the last couple of months I have really sensed an urgency to stocking up and have being trying to do a lot more.

Last year I had my first garden and have a start on one this year too. I struggle with chronic pain and fatigue so it can take me a long time to do the basics. I do have a dehydrator and canners but have not done a lot of either. I am hoping to do more with this years garden if I can finish getting it in.

I have enjoyed reading the various posts both past and present and have found this board to have lots of information!

Thank you.

Welcome, glad you're here. Keep telling yourself - "Babysteps, babysteps!" That's what it takes.

DH and I just got our garden in this past weekend.

Glad you joined us shoshana ( hope I spelled that right! ) Yep, and just do what you can. There are many here, often regular posters, with thousands of members looking on, who have chronic problems. Me too, but I do what I can. In fact I am an urban prepper in the middle of a wilderness, so I have a unique way all my own of prepping for different problems that seem to coming up faster and faster. Many of us have had that feeling, that we need to prep very diligently now. I am just one adult woman here, with grown son and DIL in other places, instead of so many who are married with kids or extended family they may have to deal with, but no matter what stage you are at, how much you have or dont have, prepping can usually be done, in some way. Some people have their canning down, and some of us are just learning the utter basics still and scrambling to get the canning books that are most appropriate, as an example... don't let the fact that someone here may have done 4 canner loads when you may struggle to do one or two, just do what you can. It will add up.

Also, even as we put articles down that can be controversial in nature, say in the edge or deeper survival forums, some of us feel, having that information is very important, but if you cant stomach it, its ok.... just concentrate on what you can handle.

This is the best prepper site and I feel that God has touched many lives here. Most of the people are awesome folks. I really admire them and it has given me more faith in humanity than I had for quite a while. I do see God answering their prayers and needs. Its amazing!!!

We prep with food stuffs, material goods, things for cooking and heat and light that mean we can be off grid, how to fix water supplies or to purify and filter what water supplies we have available, great gardening ideas and experience in all the climates and soils of our land here, the different climate zones, the experience is great.

The ones who have small livestock give good advice to those who are starting out and constant support. The resources online, one can find and share or have shared and are on our threads in forums here can really enlighten a person who seeks out such knowledge. I see some great methods being used, and I see how hard folks work to be self sufficient and informed of the bigger picture of today and the solid reasoning and the quality they want for their children and families and it's a tremendous thing to see.

We prep with food and material needs, physically we try to strengthen ourselves, mentally prep, emotionally and spiritually here. I think its pretty well rounded and you will have our support in your own efforts. There are lots of different types of residential situations amongst us and I think you will find friends here as well. There are all kinds of things that can happen, short term or long term and I am glad you have listened to your own urges and that you found MrsSurvival. Sounds like you are already well on the way to being prepared!

:welcome4:

Welcome! Don't worry about just starting out....all of us have been there at one point. And we are all on a journey to help each other do the best we can. You'll love all the advice and information here on this board. I've learned so much here and the people are so wonderful.

:welcome:

GOODMORNING4DOGS.gif

welcomewelovenewmembers.jpg Glad you decided to post. :)

There is a lot of reading to do, but, don't worry if you can't get to all of it. I never get everything read and I have been here for a long time.

As for getting thing stocked up, just do what you can when you can. :)

haveagooddaywithflowers.gifHUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gif

Archived