MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Introducing Myself

homemaker101

Hello!! Let me start by saying that it feels wonderful to have a place to connect with others who share the same intrests.I grew up fairly poor and learned early on how to get by or to do without. We gardened every year, hung our clothes out to dry, canned vegetables and fruits and bartered/ traded with others but I didn't know I was poor!! :D Now I am raising my own family and 3 years ago moved onto a small acreage. We raise chickens for the eggs, today I put up rhubarb from our patch and I started a strawberry patch in the yard. Tomorrow I am going to plant an herb garden in a fishtank I got from a friend who was going to throw it away. We give away some of what we grow to family, friends and neighbors. We put up as much as we can so we can not only help ourselves but also to help others in times of need. I do have a part time job and have other responsabilities but at the end of the day I am grateful for all that God has provided and for His patience in teaching me His ways so I can help others. Thank You for this forum!!! PS- The baby in the picture is my first (only) Grandson :clothesline:

:welcome4: Glad to meet you H101!!!

That is one sweet baby! Grand is a good word for him! :wub:

I'm very interested in your herb garden in the old aquarium plan. I have a VERY LARGE aquarium on my front porch ( can't figure out where else to put it) that needs a purpose in life. I thought about plants...but worried about draining???

Hello to you all!! I planted the herb garden and so far I have sweet basil and cilantro. I'm going to try Rosemary as soom as I can get some. My friend gave me the fishtank with the used rocks in the bottom so that will help with the drainage ( along with the new potting soil) and also give it some extra fertilizer. I put the lid on it and left it in a south window in the living room. The cats leave it alone that way and it will spruce up my house when it comes in! I got the sweet basil seeds at a parade we went to last weekend- a local garden club gave them out instead of candy at the parade!! My son and I each recieved one- :D Now that's Frugal!! :curtsey:

Archived