MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Present

Donit

Hi everyone!

As I said in another spot...I've been lurking for a while and finally was inspired to set aside my paranoia about who is watching the Internet and participate. I have learned a lot from you all and am looking forward to being a "visible" member, versus an "invisible" one. It is a gift to find so many other women (and a few good men!) thinking and living along the same lines of being. I certainly haven't found that community surrounding my snail mail address. I hope that my contribution will be of some value to someone else.

Our family lives pretty rural in a "midwestern" state. We try to grow or produce the vast majority of our own food. We practice a lot of traditional crafts to further meet our needs and provide a means of barter with neighbors and/or other like-minded folks. We also sell what we are producing at local markets. We are trying to figure out which directions we and our children can grow in order to help our local community be more resilient in the face of any kind of disaster.

I have limited computer skills, so will be learning as I go. I am very much looking forward to continued learning. I aspire to be a RUBY one day! :D

Archived