MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The 2009 Seed Exchange

Thanks to all players that sent in your seeds!

I mailed them out on Oct. 30,2009 :woohoo:

(sorry for the delay as we waited for one that never got here).

So you should be getting them in a few days? :cele:

So who will be first to receive the packet and open it? :shrug:

who will be first to post on what they got?

This was fun for me and I hope for you too. :bouquet:

Enjoy!

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Michael

of the

Amishway Homesteaders

So who will be first to receive the packet and open it? :shrug:

who will be first to post on what they got?

It would take a while to list everything! Besides, it's like getting a present. I wouldn't want to ruin the fun for everyone else by telling them what's in it!

This is so exciting! Wait 'til you all see what's in there.

Thank you again to Michael for doing this, you went above and beyond.

Woo hoo!!! I got mine today! What a great packet of seeds and extra stuff too! There is a great variety of seeds and some I was really excited to get because I have wanted to try some different things in my garden. There is also an interesting packet of seeds from Michael.... not sure they will grow though.

Great fun! I can't wait until next year to do it again.

There is also an interesting packet of seeds from Michael.... not sure they will grow though.

He,he - got ya

I was thinking I just had to put something in that would be fun - just because that is the way I am. so I started thinking what kind of plant or seed is funny? Suddenly at about 2 am it hit me and you see what I came up with.

Hmmmm, two negatives equal a positive right? So, in that spirit, I can't say that I didn't get my seeds today! (In reference to Michael's tongue-in-cheek message on the envelope to let him know if I didn't get the seed packet!)

What fun! I'm going to go pull out my pepper plants tomorrow and get some Turnips, Deer Tongue Lettuce, and Beets planted! I'm also going to give a go with the government seeds, but, being from the government I'm not holding out much hope that they'll amount to much!

Thanks so much for organizing this! What a fun exchange! BTW, one of my friends gave me one Thomas Jefferson Heirloom tomato (it's kind of brown and funky looking). I didn't bother eating it, I saved the seeds! So, if it all works out and they germinate next Spring, I'll send some on to you! Thanks again!

Oh yeah!!!! I got my package today!! :D:curtsey::curtsey::cele::cele::darlenedance:

Now I wish I lived further South so I could plant them ALL lol. These are just so nice, and I wasn't expecting near so much! But that's okay, I will just make the hubby till up some extra room this coming spring. :bouquet::bouquet::cheer::cheer::wave::grinning-smiley-044: I Loved getting all the "eggstras" too. Can you tell by the corny joke that I got my chickens today too? !! All this great stuff in one day, I'm about to just cry cuz I'm so happy. Yall, this was way over and above. AH, you two did wonderful. So...where do we sign up for next years? :grinning-smiley-044::icon19::thumbs:

Q

I got my seeds today. My 7 year old daughter was so excited she wanted to open every packet to see the seeds. Unfortunetly, I had to tell her that winter is coming so we won't be able to plant any outside till spring. She dissapeared down to the basement and came back with a pot and insisted on planting some bean seeds right away. They did this last year in school so she knew it would work and there was no talking her out of it.

Her teacher is reading the book Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder to the class this week so she wants to bring the bean seeds to school to show the kids what the settlers grew. Thanks for that cool bit of info on the packet.

Jake

I got my seeds today. My 7 year old daughter was so excited she wanted to open every packet to see the seeds. Unfortunetly, I had to tell her that winter is coming so we won't be able to plant any outside till spring. She dissapeared down to the basement and came back with a pot and insisted on planting some bean seeds right away. They did this last year in school so she knew it would work and there was no talking her out of it.

Her teacher is reading the book Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder to the class this week so she wants to bring the bean seeds to school to show the kids what the settlers grew. Thanks for that cool bit of info on the packet.

Jake

MAN I wish I knew she was reading that book. We have been to the (real)Farm many times in Malone,NY and I have rocks from when we were there while they were builting a new barn to replace the one that burned. Made up little signs and glues one on each to give out to schools we went too that read the books. Told the kids this rock came from the farm and seeing we dug it up it may have been seen by the 'farmer boy'

*** Seeing I have had a few people ask and tell me they missed signing up for this Exchange maybe I could do another small one now? So if you like what you are hearing about the seed exchange PM me and tell me you want in. If I hear from 5 or 6 then I will do another one .Now you must have seed saved from your garden to exchange with the group so if you don't - please wait until next years exchange. This will/may happen very soon with just a week or two to get seeds to me so I can get tham back out so some people cn plant now?

So what do you think?

Archived