MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

catastrophic cooking

http://www.recipezaar.com/Jagacida-Jag-Bea...4997?scaleto=25

Proceed with caution: References to ingredient amounts, cooking times, and temperatures in directions have NOT been adjusted (only the amounts in the ingredients list were updated).

Most of my stuff is for either family amounts, or 50 and up.

Recipezaar lets you scale your recipes to exact servings.

My grandmother used to be the High School cook here, and I have her box of recipes. Unfortunately, we've moved YET AGAIN, and I haven't had my hands on that recipe box.

Oh now, you´re just teasing us. Get unpacking Urban :D

The younger children would eat more rice; the adults would need more beans. Rice is easy to digest, and very familiar so as to be comfort food. The adults would need more beans for the higher protein level. You might want to consider cornbread if that would be more familiar food for the locality in question. Young children will often starve themselves dangerously if confronted by too much uncertainty topped off with unfamiliar food.

Oh now, you´re just teasing us. Get unpacking Urban :D

I did, too! Figured since I posted it, I'd better come up with it. I'll try again today --husband is home. I just finally got my bookcases up after not being able to find the supports, so I hate the idea of bringing more boxes in. LOL! I want those recipes though. I can cut them down and some are good comfort food.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived