MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Bit of a shocker but ok now

Christy

Well, we could say we've seen it coming (pun intended) but it's still not nice.

For my recurring uveitis the eye-dr tried everything in the book throughout the years. He said years ago the only possible maybe solution is a vitrectomy but since the condition of the eye is so bad, he refuses to do it.

So last wednesday I went for a checkup and it's red alert. Can't see a darned thing and he's sending me to a university hospital in Utrecht. Been there before and even then they didn't want to do the surgery cos years of steroids left the eye tissue paper-thin.

Now I'm waiting for an appointment there and we'll have to decide what to do.

Cos the uveitis itself is giving constant headaches, the light hurts so I'm mostly indoors with the curtains drawn and (oh irony) can't see dickens at night in the dark.

The eye without uveitis is the one I wear spectacles for. Blind as a bat that eye. The inflamed eye is (was) the good one.

Sunday Arik and me will drive to the BOL to bring more stuff over and return thursday.

Not just cos I'll have to stay in Holland for a while till they either operate or give up on the eye but also cos 11th of june a dog is arriving in Holland for us. And she needs the total of the back of the car so no more stuff moving up and down.

Meet the new love of our lives guys:

Rexa.jpg

2887Rexa2.jpg

We'll call her Freya and yes yes, feel free to make jokes she'd make a good seeing eye dog :P We kid around it ourselves after the initial shock.

Ok now but wednesday was cry-day. Now the sun is shining , I'm wearing sunglasses and a large hat so I'm sorted!

If I have to give up driving completely, I can either move to the BOL and walk 8km for shopping (not funny with Bechterew) or turn into a vegetable in Holland.

Spoiled for choice eh? B) At the very least, we'll have a dog again and that is something I miss so ad it hurts my very soul.

Freya is beautiful and I love her name!! :) Good name for a girl who will be there to help you so much...

I'm so sorry to hear about your eye. :( Is there anything that the dr.s are thinking they can do for your sight or headaches?

Oh Christy,

I've walked with my mom through tons of eye stuff and am now traveling that same journey with my SIL. You will be in my prayers. Lots of hugs to you.

Thank you all, it DOES make a difference to know you are thinking of me.

Hugs

Archived