MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

When it rains it really rains.

Snowmom

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

This has been a very trying month, and isn't getting better soon.

Oldpine has been out of work, do to his leg infection for most of the past month. He saw the Dr. at the ER on the 26th of August, they kept him in the hospital for 3 days and then sent him home. He has only worked 2 days since then. He had a bone scan yesterday and will see the dr. today. He also has to have a spot of cancer removed today. So we have spent yesterday and will spend the day again in town. Sure not getting anything done at home. This is just a small melanoma but, has to come off. Please pray for him, and I thank you in advance.

I was having a lot of pain during the time Oldpine was in the hospital, and went to the dr. a day or so after he came home. Of course I wasn't surprised at what the dr. said. I had all kinds of lab work and then had to have an x-ray and an ultra-sound. Yes, it was my diverticulitus acting up and so was on a liquid diet for as long as I could take it.

We had been having corn on the cob, fresh tomatoes, strawberries, all those good things that have seeds in them. Then to top that off, I had been eating sunflower seeds on my salads etc. So, yes, it was my own fault and I knew what the problem was when I went in so was not surprised at the outcome. I haven't had anything with seeds since, and boy do I miss those things. I love tomatoes and so have to be careful as to how much I eat of them. We had gotten some from the Farmer's Market in town and had eaten them before I had gone to the dr., or I would never had been able to eat them. :(

So, this month has been a trying one.

We had a good weekend though. We were able to get all 3 boys on Friday evening. We met our son at the half way mark and had dinner with the boys and brought them home. DS didn't eat with us but headed back to Fargo.

Saturday morning we got up very early and were on the road by 7:00 A.M. We went to an apple orchard that is around 170 miles south of us. They have a lot of fun things on the weekend for the kids to do. They have a small maze as well as a 5 mile maze in the corn, a petting zoo, not very big, but, something for kids. Pony rides, a slide down a pile of hay bails, face painting, tattos, the kind that come off in a day or two. They have a cafe and gift shop there as well as apple products.

The kids all had fun. Our DD did almost all of the driving and she did the maze with the boys. :) I am still recovering from my diverticulitus so wasn't able to do the maze with them. The younger two boys had their face painted, the older one is now 13 years old and didn't thing that was something he wanted done. :)

With all of this going on, I am not sure when the Fall News Letter will get out, will try to not be to late with it.

thsnag101ht.gifHAVEAGOODDAY12gif.gif

Snowmom! I love your newsletters but please don't push yourself too hard trying to get it done. You are more important! Am glad you are having some fun with the little ones. Please take care of each other and stay away from the seedy side of life. ;)

Snowmom..DH has the exact same problem with his diverticulitis. He has to quit eating more and more things as it gets worse. At first it was just nuts and berries. Now he can't eat squash or tomato seeds either. Not even seeds on buns.

I hope Old Pine gets all better too! When you have health problems it seems to make everything else so much more difficult.

I am glad you got to see the boys. That's always fun!

So sorry you have had a trying month. I hope it gets better. But it's wonderful that you had a good weekend and a good time at the apple orchard. That sounded like it was a lot of fun. Those are the kinds of things the kids will remember when they are grown. :-)

Hope you are feeling a bit better now Snowmom. It's not been easy for you all lately.

Poor snowmom and DH! :pray: Just take one day at a time........

My MIL has severe diverticiki-whatever you said and has had for years. She also LOVES tomatoes. When I'm around, I always slice the tomatoes and gently rinse them to remove the seeds.

Yes, it is tedious and some of the flavor gets washed away but she gets to enjoy her tomatoes. :wink (2):

During the holidays when I make cookie plates for everyone, I have to make hers special. No nuts or coconut for her. She will sneak and eat things she shouldn't if they are at her house. :pout: She gets tired of watching what she eats. I understand so I don't contribute to the temptations.

Mommafitz

Archived