MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sunny saturday

Christy

Hope you are all doing fine. Here things are slowly getting better.

We're over the initial shock of too many sudden deaths. It was good to come here to show my respect, get my own grief out of the system and reinforce my place in the community here.

The house is now looking like a proper house. Still lots of work to be done but it could pass for near ready.

Found that building on being part of the community means much more then even I estimated. Good feeling and the social life is very pleasant. Churchconcerts tonight. Fleamarket tomorrow, breakfast with a friend monday, picking up bushes of flowers for the garden thursday.

Life is not boring in the country. :)

:bighug2: Good to know that things are that things are getting better. I MISS YOU. Yes being part of a community is important. I hope you enjoy your weekend.

I'm finally getting over my bronchitis. :cele: I don't need the Asthma meds as often now.

I have some friends comming over today and we are gonig to work more on the massive decluttering.Dh and I have a diffrent opinon on what needs to go so I'm hoping that my friends DH can gently guild him in getting rid of alot of stuff.

I have a ton of paperwork to sort and some documents to draft. Then I have a backpack full of cases for the day job. Weather is gorgeous, just gorgeous. We went for a walk this morning. DH had only had one cigar since Tuesday, and needed something to bring up his mood. Then he went to his "office" where the side porch used to be and lit up while I came inside. <_<

We were going to go by and check on my mother this weekend, but the car was acting up yesterday (died on me in the road Thursday) so this wasn't the weekend to risk it. Come payday I can get new battery and change out the spark plugs.

I want to put some sweet potatoes in the slow cooker. I've been trying to remember to do that for days, and this is the first time I've remembered in the morning. Let me go do that now.

Stormy Saturday inbound here. DH & Monkeys are on a church Dads/Kids campout and will likely cut it short due to storms and DH's back pain. I was going to go garage sale hunting and then metal detecting all day, but I think I will be doing good now, to just go hunt one school yard.:smiley_shitfan:

Sunny and cool here, 56 degrees

DH just woke up and called to say "Hi" and "I love you" :wub: . *Sigh*

Frank is lounging on top of my suitcase, MIL is watching TV and I'm working on a project.

Nothing planned for the day except keep MIL company. Yesterday, her Dr. didn't seem concerned about the infection in her knee. I kept asking "It looks real bad, are you sure?" He replied, "If it gets worse come back." :o

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

th_GOODMORNINGFALLCHAIR.jpg

It is cool here this morning, only about 45 degrees, but, it is fall in MN. :) The wind is blowing some and of course all of the summer birds have long been gone. :(

I don't remember if I mentioned we have a new great-granddaughter. :) Cayla is her name. Ok, I am attatching a picture of her and hope it works. :) She was born the 23rd of September. Not real little but not big either, 6 lbs and 15 ozs. :)

Minnie has a problem with her ear and we have to put drops in twice a day for a week and then once a day for a week and then every 2 or 3 days until the stuff is gone. Then, of course we have to take her back for a recheck. The animal dr.s are expensive too for sure. :(

Old pine has been back to work for a while now and will end up working 8 days before having another day off. They are shut down and so that is when he really has to put in time there and fix the problems. :)

Guess that is about the news.

th_FALLHUGSBEAR.gifth_HAVEANICEDAY4.jpg

CAYLA ELEZABETH JUST A FEW WEEKS OLD.jpg

Awww, she's BEAUTIFUL!!! :wub: Love those babies!!!

Frank is lounging on top of my suitcase,
:blink:

Does DH know??? Sounds a bit risque'... :blush:

Sounds like everybody is busy today.

Hubby saw rain is coming, so he decided to clean the leaves and summer debris from the gutters. I had to go to Mom's to take her some stuff. So he crawls up on the roof...

"Honey, could you get me my tape measure and the hose?"

So I got his tape measure from all the way inside by his chair, and then I grabbed the rake to use it to lift the hose up and got my hands dirty. Didn't need it because the hose was stiff enough after all. I gave him both and headed in to wash my hands before leaving.

Coming out, I was moving the ladder back where he needed it when *SPLASH*... he tried to lift the hose fast enough, and *did* spare me the full force of the water, but splashed me darn good enough! :o:shakinghead::motz_6:

Fun times... <_< And it's chilly.

Archived