MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Super Bowl................

:shrug: So now that the game is over - it has to be by now right?

Are you and yours happy or sad?

Missing it already or glad it is over?

Commercials were great or just OK?

What part did you like the best? Worst? :shrug:

I have no idea who even won. I have never watched a SuperBowl game.

I am glad it is over just so everyone will get back to normal.

Even if we had wanted to watch, it was not playing on the one channel we get out here.

Mom won $250 in her office spread.

We didn't have a team involved, so we could all just enjoy the game.

Most of the commericals were "Meh", as was the Halftime show.

A few of the commericals were funny (the kid as Darth Vader was priceless!), and I was pleasantly surprised to see an ad featuring John 3:16

The word (SuperBowl) is not to be uttered in our house as it is a dirty word right now! Hubby pulled out all of his Yankee gear in anticipation of baseball season. He was so disappointed in his team's performance...:sad-smiley-012:

I also liked the darth%20duck.jpg commercial!

Bummed that the Steelers didn't take it (a true Bear fan, never wants the Pack to win). But dad is from Pittsburgh so Steelers are the other team we watched growing up. I watched some of the pre-game show was horrified that the National Anthem was messed up but she has apologized for her screw up. America the Beautiful was done wonderful!!!! The few commercials I saw weren't that great. DS discovered Toy Story & Toy Story 2 so that's what the kids and I watched multiple times during the day.

The conclusion of the Super Bowl means bring on the rest of hockey season and Spring Training (we've already starting saying, "wait til next year, in true Cubs fashion".

I'd have to say we won, and I am not specifically referring to GB. The foods turned out awesome, the Monkeys behaved for the most part, the weather went north of us, and a good time was had by all attending. Plus it didn't suck that we were all rooting for the Cheeseheads!:eclipsee_Victoria:

I worked yesterday at the restaurant. Lots of yelling! I got off before it was over. It was a very slow Super Bowl Sunday at the restaurant. I am just glad to be almost over my illness and feeling like myself again. I still don't have my voice back though. Whatever it was lasted a full 4 weeks.

I watched some of the pre-game show was horrified that the National Anthem was messed up but she has apologized for her screw up. . . . The conclusion of the Super Bowl means bring on the rest of hockey season and Spring Training (we've already starting saying, "wait til next year, in true Cubs fashion".

You know, as a singer myself, I totally felt for her. I know how you can rehearse a piece near to death, know it inside and out, have done all the theoretical and lyric analysesn know the history, the composer, the composer's history, the importance of a song in a culture, and still, in that important moment, have your brain just totally up and betray you. I've been there when the synapses just misfire, despite all the hard work and preparation. It happens. And when it does, you just wish God would strike you down because the embarrassment is horrible! Every other performer knows that it happens. At least she didn't lip-sync it, right?

Seriously, as bad as it was that she messed up . . . it happens. That's live music for ya. I've seen elsewhere where some people thought she messed up because she's stupid and didn't know the words, or else didn't prepare because she has no respect for the song. That's not it at all-- when she messed up, my first thought was "Oh, man, misfire!" And she immediately knew she messed up-- that's why she started getting pitchy and strained right after-- she was flustered and embarrassed, and was just trying to get through to the end before she collapsed into a puddle of humiliation.

As for hockey-- GO CAPS! Yeah! W00t!:eclipsee_Victoria:

I'd have to say we won, and I am not specifically referring to GB. The foods turned out awesome, the Monkeys behaved for the most part, the weather went north of us, and a good time was had by all attending. Plus it didn't suck that we were all rooting for the Cheeseheads!:eclipsee_Victoria:

see..... Thats what it should be all about-

freinds, family and good food. :laughkick:

Archived