MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Ouch

Carie

Hello all!

Still waiting to hear from the couple that looked at the house. I think that they told dh they would let him know today? But he is at work so I won't be able to talk to him until later this evening. Anyway, Sunday we found out that the rental house our friend's had....they rented it out. That was our landing pad to figure out what to do next, etc. after our house sold. No rental. I don't even know of any rentals at all in our area with more than 1 bedroom, we are 6 people. If we were willing to give it a go for a few months, would they take us? would we have to sign a year's lease?? Not going to happen. As far as I can tell, nobody has bought the house we are looking at....including us. LOL Would we be able to pull off a "house swap" without being homeless?

Dh is very discouraged right now. I can't seem to cheer him up and this was the worst news he could have got. I just really, really want this to be overwith, right now, preferably....so I can have my husband back.

Anyway, there is my update. Prayers appreciated if you feel led.

Blessings,

Carie

If your house sells, during the negotiations, request a period of time where you rent your old house back from the new buyers. Lots of folks do that, in order to close on their new house that they are buying AFTER selling their old house.

Keeping fingers crossed things soon settle your way.

Sending prayers your way. You can definitely look into doing a 'house swap' with the closings. If you have a house you already want to buy you can set your house sale to close at the same time. I've heard of a lot of people doing that kind of thing and setting the closing date on the house for the same time or just after their new house purchase closes.

Archived