MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Weathered Wednesday!!!!!!

snapshotmiki

We had a small tornado come through the RV park last night about 10:30! Thank God it was small!!!! Tore up everyone in the parks awnings and the front window cover on several of us. Knocked out the screen on the front window at kitchen and knocked fruit bowl, etc. on floor. Brought in plenty of leaves and pine needles too! Trash cans and tree branches everywhere! The park HAD a playset with slide, etc. No more! And my poor persimmons were on the picnic table!:faint3: We are just thankful that we and the pups are fine, the trailer is still liveable, and the truck was not damaged!!!!! DH took the front window awning with him this morning to straighten out. The big awning is canvas and will have to be removed and pitched.

Not just the RV park hit either. Up in front of us the signs and front steel awnings are gone off the car wash and hardware store!!!! Definitely not just a straightline wind!

This kind of makes us consider how strong we will try to make pens and coops when we are settled!

Have a great day everyone!!!

aw Miki, hope everyone can recover their awnings. My dad had that happen out in S. Cal desert area and it ended up being a killer tornado very rare for S Cal. His awning was toast and the next trailer was brand new.... it had leaf imprints on the metal siding from the forces involved.

Was sitting here watching weather channel right now trying to see if anything else big happened as the tornado weather continues east- northeast in the Southeast. That tornado killed a driver and went for 20 miles up to where my brother lives, a good amount of damage all along the wy

Waiting on plumber to call back.... building having pipe problems... Sitting here wondering how cold the businesses are getting at night because there is a busted pipe somewhere for the hot water up here. Ya start the hot water in my shower or the neighbors kitchen and it goes for a minute or two and then it dies to no water at all. Sponge bath for me ..... still waiting for plumber... and I got tired of perverted news , non action in our congress, etc so have the weather channel on. :grinning-smiley-044:

while I fix up some dinner. Been pretty active so far all day in the South. So much for tornadoes calming down this week! ( isn't the season over with yet? )

Archived