MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whopper of a Wednesday

sassenach

Hello Folks....... I awoke to more than 9 inches of snow on the ground this morning.......I was supposed to be enjoying the MHA Thanksgiving supper today but it sure looks like that won't be happening today.... and more snow coming down still for a few more hours very likely....

How are you doing today, getting ready for Thanksgiving? Are you doing things differently this year? Or is it traditional for you and yours?

I may just hang out at home and just do some more baking and enjoy a piece of my homemade apple pie. :curtsey:

Got home late yesterday evening with MIL in tow. She and DH are :sleep1:

"Thank you, Lord, for the safe trip you allowed us to have."

Humming birds are continuing their wars, 'Freaky Squeaky', the red headed wood pecker, just landed on the hummer feeder just outside my kitchen window, to snack on sugar water, and the dove and sparrows are lined up waiting for me to throw them some seed.

It is 40 degrees, the sun is shinning, and the sky is crystal clear. The forecast calls for it to reach 80 today! Which is making my garden grow wonderfully, Praise God!

I have to go shopping and do not look forward to the crowds. 1st time since the first of the month.

oh that sounds like a nice morning! I was just sitting here trying to think up what to have for breakfast and needing another cup of coffee as well! I love watching birds feeding at feeders or in the woods.

I throw their seed on the ground, under a tree next to my garden and they are on their own. The only draw back, they ate the wheat as soon as it sprouted. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

They are used to me sitting about 20 feet away, watching them. So peaceful. I'm glad they don't realize I'm thinking how I will catch them if SHTF..... :008Laughing:

That reminds me, I need to fill the bird feeders and the one dh and ds put up for our squirrel with 1/2 a tail. I hope he's still around. I haven't seen him for a while. I need to run to target for some things before the ad changes when they reopen at midnight tomorrow. Afterwards, putting up laundry, finishing the laundry that's sorted out all over the living room, make some cranberry relish and pies if I can figure out where to store them. My fridge is buldging at the seams from stocking up for tomorrow and because I found some good meat markdowns last week. I might have to run the dehydrator to free up some room.

It will be a busy evening for me. It's my night to cook all the Thanksgiving vittles. I really need to get started peeling potatoes. My least favorite chore.

I looked out the window this morning and there were 3 deer standing in front of my livingroom window looking in. I saw them and gasped and they saw me and ran. I'm not sure who startled whom first. :blush:

Delievered the last of the Thanksgiving baskets of friuts an dcookies an dtreats plus this and that for special friends.

Plus cute packets we made up of mixed candy and friut called "Thanksgiving Blessing Mix" (google it) That lists why each one was in there - very nice to hand out - But we had to go shopping late last night because I just found it and we needed some thing to pack in it.

Makes a very nice 'thank you 'gift!

Rest of the day snacking an dcooking for Thursday an dmaking cards to go with the meals we will be delivering.

every year on the eve we put out a big spread of snacks an dsmall foods liek relish tray , cheese and crackers, develed eggs,ham-ette- sandwiches, etc. and make it a movie night of some kind of Thanksgiving DVD - This year it is the Little house Thanksgining.

HAve a merry!

:AmishMichael2:

OK I found the page I made the tags to go with the Thanksgiving Blessing Mix-

Bugles: Shaped like a cornucopia or Horn of Plenty, a symbol of our Nation's abundance.

Pretzels: Arms folded in prayer, a freedom sought by the founders of our country.

Candy Corn: Sacrifices of the Pilgrim's first winter. Food was so scarce that the settlers survived on just a few kernels of corn per day

Nut or Seeds: Promise of a future harvest,

one will reap only if seeds are planted and tended to with diligence.

Dried Fruits: Harvest gifts of our bountiful land.

M&Ms: Memories of those who came before us to guide us to a blessed future.

Hershey's Kiss: The love of family and friends that sweetens our lives.

This list went on the back of the 'toppers' you make up for the clear bag of snacks!

THIS was a lot of fun to make up and also having fun handing them out to people we see today.

:AmishMichael2:

PS IF I could, we would send a packet to each one of you! As you are our very Best Friends!

Well crud, I went and got all the food to fix and forgot to pick up a roasting pan. I use the aluminum throw away because I only use it once a year. Now I have to go back out and fight the crowds to pick one up. Hope there are some left. Sigh.

Well crud, I went and got all the food to fix and forgot to pick up a roasting pan. I use the aluminum throw away because I only use it once a year. Now I have to go back out and fight the crowds to pick one up. Hope there are some left. Sigh.

Good Luck with that!

Do you put a cookie sheet under your so you can move it around better?

They are a bit thin and hard to get out of the oven without dropping EVERYTHING on the floor!

OH I really like the Thanksgiving Blessing mix. Very nice. Love the blessings part . Makes you think a bit deeper!

ah, aluminum pans. I have a regular roaster pan, baking pan... and not a regular sized oven anyhow.... so if I did a turkey,I could roast it in the regular pan. Agreed, baking pan under the tin ones certainly help! Hope you got what you needed this time going to the store!

Thanks Arby, they had plenty of the pans left. I got home and started cooking and realized I didn't have enough eggs. Back to the store. I've made 3 trips to the store to get stuff I didn't have for 1 meal. And I had a list.

Then I got all the stuff out to make the pumpkin cheesecake and couldn't find the recipe anywhere. Luckily, I posted it here and I just found it. So, I'm off to start mixing up food, and myself, again.

you are having quite a day trying to get it all together. Well whatever you come up with sounds like it will be great! I am sitting here thinking of using the last three yogurts, small individual containers, homemade, for cream cheese, let it drain overnight and then do a pumpkin cheesecake pie tomorrow. Sounds good anyhow, lol. I am sitting here mostly with my feet up, reading one of my favorite authors/books and drinking tea, with a foot of snow fresh fallen outside. Wish I could have helped you out tonight!

My aluminum roasting pan is sittin under the table in its bag to return--because it wouldn't fit in the oven!!!! So turkey is done anyway. Today I made cornbread dressing, pumpkin applesauce, green bean casserole and sweet potato pudding and did laundry. Tomorrow morning we have to go to the ranch and feed the cows AND dh asked our neighbors over for dinner tomorrow. So I also get to move stuff around so we can fit two more in here comfortably. Hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Already my BFF and I are dreaming of homemade turkey stock from the carcass...and the resultant turkey soup that we both seem to crave instead of leftover turkey (whick gets cut up and put in the freezer for later - you know...turkey in gravy over mashed potatoes, stire fry, BBQ turkey, etc....

Archived