MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Saturday Afternoon at Mrs. S.

winknasmile

Afternoon everyone :eclipsee_Victoria:

I'm a little late today. Worked this morning and have DGS this afternoon. We've been playing Memory, Heigh Ho Cherry O, Chutes and Ladders and I'm thankful to say he's now playing a mindless game of something on the TV with Grandpa. He cheats so bad and I let him. Bad example to be setting? Nah, my Grandma let me cheat all the time and I am now one that will not cheat even in a game of solitaire.

We'll pick up the little princess in awhile and go to town for ice cream. I might just buy a bag of Doritos even though I absolutely should NOT. It's another rainy dreary day and what else is there to do besides eat??? AND I wonder why I stay heavy...... ;)

Anyway, hope your day is going good and you'll let us know what you're up to.

:bighug2:

Fed the cows this morning with DH. Here's a brand new baby. Sorry it's blurry but we couldn't stay around and take pics. Would spook the mom.

post-45-046090500 1335645781_thumb.jpg

Then went and picked some blackberries growing along the fence.

post-45-047772700 1335645662_thumb.jpg

Came home, had lunch and went grocery shopping. that's about it today!

DH got up early and went out with the guys shooting.

I stayed home and have cleaned the house sparkly clean. Now I am sitting on my porch swing watering and watching the birds come and go from the water dishes. Quail have started coming and a few greenish tiny little birds. Still have not figured out what they are.

Check the tomatoes every day and have bunches forming. I am so excited, best crop yet, Praise God!

Made beets yesterday for DH. He liked them! My friend, who I convinced to make a garden, gave us a couple from what she harvested. Her garden is outstanding. (Beginners luck, LOL)

It is over 90 degrees today, again. I am not sure if I am acclimating yet.

DH just called, he is bringing 6 people over to BBQ. Happy, happy, joy, joy..... time to go to the store for buns and tomato, so I can feed them.

Hope every one has had a blessed day.

Today is my DD1 18th birthday. We went to the botanical gardens in Fort Wayne. She needed to practice driving in a bigger city to get her license. I had all 3 of my kids with me. My kids didn't like the parking garage. They thought it was weird. They didn't like walking down town. They all said that they were going to live as far out in the country as they can.

As we were coming home I took them by my Grandparents old farm. The house has been torn down and a new one built in it place. The farm house across the road had been replaced too. That was a old house and in bad shape even when I was a kid. Nothing was the same. Kind of made me sad to see that.

aww. well I am glad your kids love living in the country. Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Saturday afternoon has stretched into Saturday evening and except for tonight's dishes, chores are done..

Eating my veggies for supper. Decided to catch a syfy channel movie called Space Twisters...... it's pretty good so far?

Electrical twisters hitting the countryside ... emp affects and good camera shots so far, even looks pretty realistic, lol.

If I saw one of those twisters coming at me I think I'd be running ! Yikes. :008Laughing:

We had a bowling birthday party today for one of the kids friends. They had a great time bowling but LOVED the arcade. DS1 is asking to change his party to a bowling party. We just finished planning so I told him we could go as a family and he could bring someone.

I spent two hours on pintetest this morning going through sites from everyone here. I found great ideas from everyone here and I still haven't finished going thru things (lol).

It rained last night and was cool today. I think our high was 50 and there was frost when I got up.

Have a great night.

We made it home after a long Saturday on the road.

Left home at 8:30 to go to:

1 rummage sale,

4 garage sales,

1 second hand craft shop,

1 Used Tool shop,

a Library,

1 miniuture dollhouse store,

1 secand hand 'junk' shop,

and then Chinnese Buffet before getting home by 2:30

not bad for 6 hour trip to 5 differant towns ???????

Other than THAT we didn't do much! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

but after a bit of a rest , did get some things done around the house.

:AmishMichaelstraw:

aww. well I am glad your kids love living in the country. Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Saturday afternoon has stretched into Saturday evening and except for tonight's dishes, chores are done..

Eating my veggies for supper. Decided to catch a syfy channel movie called Space Twisters...... it's pretty good so far?

Electrical twisters hitting the countryside ... emp affects and good camera shots so far, even looks pretty realistic, lol.

If I saw one of those twisters coming at me I think I'd be running ! Yikes. :008Laughing:

I watched all of the SYFY offerings yesterday, while I did some major decluttering. I had seen them all previously with the exception of Space Twisters. That kind of stuff keeps me motivated when cleaning. I think it is because the towns in the movies get wrecked and I want my house to NOT look like a pile of rubble!

I got a lot of stuff done yesterday... We ran errands in the morning: the feed store, the pet store, the bank , Ollie's Bargain Outlet and the grocery store to grab a big bottle of cooking oil for the pantry. Then I spent time in the barn taking care of the birds and cleaning out cages and pens. I ran a few cleaning cycles in the dishwasher (Thanks to tips found on Pinterest!) Then washed a boatload of dishes in said dishwasher. I worked on dinner in between everything and spent several hours moving things around in my laundry room, pantry and junk room ...er I mean my craft room! :sHa_sarcasticlol: I even had time to write a bit during the Alien Tornado movie. By the time that Space Twisters started, I was folding clothes. I didn't want to miss anything!

Archived