MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wet, Wonderful Wednesday

winknasmile

Good Morning Friends :wave:

It is absolutely beautiful looking out this morning. It rained an inch in the night and now the suns out and everything is GREEN and sparkling. Gosh mornings like this it's great to be alive.

Yesterday I planted 14 cabbages. They're so small and the weather can be so unsettled that I put them under gallon milk jugs. I didn't water as I put them in so I was happy to see the rain. I also got carrots, beets and cantaloupe in.

I went to Weight Watchers last night and had gained .4 of a pound. The way I'd eaten on those cloudy dreary days I wouldn't have been surprised to have gained 4 pounds. Yikes though, I do need to be good again now that the suns shining!!!

I don't know what's going on today. I'd planned on working outside and maybe this afternoon I can but this morning will be spent inside.

Snapshotmiki, Jori pm'd me about the Daily Diary posts, so she's the one to thank for it starting again.....thanks Jori! :) I thought everyone had gotten tired of it so I'd stopped. Glad you're all still here.

See you tomorrow! :grouphug:

Yesterday was dreary here, too! Today we have a little sunshine, so I'm feeling pretty good. I started my day with a little decluttering and am just now sitting down to some breakfast. Hubby and I have the house to ourselves for the next week as our youngest daughter is traveling to North Dakota to visit a friend from school. I'm a bit nervous about her trip because she has never been further away than Connecticut without us. I have plans to spend the day writing, but I will have to do the poultry chores first.

Have a great day, everyone!

It's cloudy, warm and humid here. Wait, weren't we having winter weather warnings not too long ago...Maybe this is going to be another weird weather year.

A deer ran out in front of DH this morning as he was driving to work. Not the call I was expecting to get at 6:20 this morning. DH wasn't hurt and that's all that matters! The front end of his company vehicle is smashed up. After getting it towed and being dropped off at work, DH's boss brought him home. He was only going to work a part-day today because of my doctor's appointment later this afternoon anyway.

It is cloudy here today. We are supposed to get storms later this afternoon. If it does, it will be a good excuse to take a long nap.

Actually I'm very sleepy so I don't need much of an excuse. I was an idiot last night or rather this morning. I was watching the eagle webcam and it started storming really bad there. The wind was blowing so hard I was afraid one would blow out of the nest. Then the lightning started flashing and thunder booming. Then the rain started falling in buckets. It lasted all night. Mom did her best trying to cover them with her wings but they are getting so big now. Then one of them was not looking quite right when the sun came up this morning. Yes, I took care of them all night. Then I switched over to the hawk webcam to check on them. There are three little fuzzy ones and they keep climbing to the top of their nest. Their mom looks like she is trying to make it a little deeper but when they start to flap they might go over.

I will be so glad when they all fly off! :duck 1:

http://metobs.ssec.wisc.edu/aoss/cameras/hawkcam-flash.html

I stayed up a bit late last night, working on one of my stories to just empty my head of being overwhelmed yesterday... slept in good this morning... and just puttering and will figure out my shopping lists for the month. sort of a slow day and yes woke up to it raining nicely and it is a lot greener since the major storm went through this past week or so and we needed that rain.

Should be able to forage now for leafy greens in a bit. Nice reason for a walk, lol.

Can this just be a no pressure day ...... hoping you were able to get to doc appt, OOTO ( I think thats who... )

My brain is in no ebb status today. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

that is all I can say.

I wonder what my biorhythm would say?? :mornincoffee: :mornincoffee:

As of this afternoon we have a well and the mobile home is on the lot--not in place yet--that is tomorrow.

In other news, I cut a few mats off the pups in preparation of their baths tomorrow, swept, cleaned the stovetop and made laundrey soap for a couple of months. Also set up my vities for the next two weeks. That makes life so much simpler in the morning! Better go set up the coffee too!

That is good news, Miki!

Getting hot here. I shot a snake in the hen house yesterday evening. Having to make sure I have the .22 revolver on me all the time now. Usually I only see rat snakes, but an occasional copper head and once a moccasin in the hen house. I chopped a little mesquite this morning. Brought in a couple more chicks for the brooder since hardly any survive snake season unless I bring them in. I need to set up a better outside cage for them. Last yr a snake got into the tractor right after I put young ones out and killed all of them. Had fire ants in the house today too. I have to remember to put out bait for them.

Waiting on a part to finish installing the new dishwasher. I have to go down to the box early in the morning and see if it came. I dislike walking down there in the heat. I was sweating buckets while milking this evening and doing chores. Time to start having ice tea made up in the fridge.

No thanks necessary,wink.

The kids had pajama day at school so they had a fun day. They have just over a week off and then two weeks to til summer break. Yay! We will be doing field trips with a couple of other families, with boys-yay for DS. We are taking a trip to Amish Acres, it's time to show the kids the Amish way of life.

I made two loaves of bread yesterday and did some quick weeding today. We have flowers on the strawberry plants, lettuce, swiss chard, potatoes and onions sprouting.

It's past bedtime so good night.

No thanks necessary,wink.

The kids had pajama day at school so they had a fun day. They have just over a week off and then two weeks to til summer break. Yay! We will be doing field trips with a couple of other families, with boys-yay for DS. We are taking a trip to Amish Acres, it's time to show the kids the Amish way of life.

I made two loaves of bread yesterday and did some quick weeding today. We have flowers on the strawberry plants, lettuce, swiss chard, potatoes and onions sprouting.

It's past bedtime so good night.

Our strawberries have a ridiculous number of flowers on them. Of course the bed also has a ridiculous number of weeds, too. I probably should do something about that.

Archived