MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's Friday!!!!

Good Morning Sunshines and :welcome: to Friday!

DH and I are watching a new hatching of Canada goslings as I write. It's the first we've seen this year and are they ever cute waddling with mom in front and pop in back (or visa versa) headed to the pond. It looks like there's between 9-12.

That makes me think. Yes the cows were fine yesterday. I finally noticed a goose snapping at their heels and making them run. Must have been too close to a nest.

It's a beautiful sunny morning here and I'm hoping to get sheets hung out soon, if the wind calms a little. Living on the prairie the wind does blow!

We had rain again last night and it they predicted hail but we dodged the bullet this time. Thank heavens. Corn is up everywhere so we'll go from a black (soil) world soon to a vivid green (corn and beans) one. In the fall we'll have the "amber waves of grain", as the song says. I'm rattlinlg!

Let us know how your day is going and remember to smile! :bighug2:

whoops, hit a key and lost my post somewhere in cyberville I think

Starts over......

Received my leather scrap , a bagful , there are several nice pieces large enough to do some nice pouches and I can make some nice beaded work on them too since I have beads in many colors .......

Received the Medium Dog harness and its in the color I ordered , bright yellow which will stand out properly for emergency evacs for Miss Macy who is a very big female Maine Coon cat .

She is rather ready to pounce from her window seat onto Midnight the feedstore cat who is outside in the parking lot however, so I better wait til later when she is not so excitable to attempt to put her in harness! ( that will be interesting..... )

and......... also have my 4 mini loaf pans, Chicago Metallic brand for small loaves. They look like very nice pans.

Hurrah! :cheer::thumbs::woohoo: :woohoo: :thumbs::cheer:

and I found out some interesting things I may be able to use to help my shoulder therapy for the arthritis and how stuck it is...

and

and

and..........

I might just be able to talk the pizza business owner into letting me use some of his not yet restored house he wants to make into a pizza restaurant some day, which is across the street , to grow a small garden and there is just enough sun for it to work there! If I ask nice, it was suggested.

or the museum may allow me a small plot in their garden. Its just up the hill and is by where they do the farmers market. I was told to just go talk to them and see if something like that could be arranged.

both are near enough its easy to walk over to.

and the radio shack guy has horses so maybe some free manure too!

maybe things will work out better this year.

Edited by arby

Good Morning!

It is bright and sunny here, as usual. LOL.

Slow watering the tomatoes, there are bunches of bundles on the Roma plant and the long green chillies have a couple beginning!

Wednesday we went fishing. We caught our limit of trout in an hour and an half. Talk about coincidence, I looked at the stringer and told DH, "Two more to go and we have to quit." We tossed our lines in and both caught one at the same time. Awesome!!!

This mornings accomplishments, so far, some weeding and some sewing/mending, some reading and planning the day's priorities. Accounting is on the top of my list. If I have time, I hope to photograph the illustrations and insert them into the book and get the draft printed and mailed for review. High hopes for the day.

DH got up early and surprised me. He is not feeling up to par and could not sleep. Poor baby.

Gotta go get my dearest another cup of coffee.

Looking forward to hearing how everybody's day is going.

:grouphug:

So far I have Salibury Steaks in the crockpot, used up the last of my potatoes making mashed to go with and have a mango pie in the oven now. Got the dogs all washed and haircuts yesterday so they are fresh as a daisy! This afternoon we may go see about getting power run out to the house and check about carpet for the master bedroom. Gonna go walk the pups now--have a great day!!!

well I missed my chance getting a fishing license til next Tuesday... town clerk on works midweek , not on Fridays or Mondays.

Ok, well I guess its beef for dinner tonight. A roast and a nice salad and a baked tater .

Sounds good to me. Better get that roasting then!

I remembered to get some green onions. I want to try growing them in a glass of water on the window sill to have a ready supply

Edited by arby

A kind neighbor brought my new dishes up from the mailbox. I was not looking forward to that hike, carrying a heavy box today. Also got the paper pleated shades for living room and kitchen and spare room to keep the sun out and still look good.

So I need to get those up before I show the house again. I've been whacking mesquite the last few days and wearing myself out on that.

Dishes:

515YD04VYFL._SY355_.jpg

A kind neighbor brought my new dishes up from the mailbox. I was not looking forward to that hike, carrying a heavy box today. Also got the paper pleated shades for living room and kitchen and spare room to keep the sun out and still look good.

So I need to get those up before I show the house again. I've been whacking mesquite the last few days and wearing myself out on that.

Dishes:

515YD04VYFL._SY355_.jpg

Those are very pretty! I have a thing for white dishes because the food photographs so well on them.