MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Planning fail

$7.00 now and they last for years so think of it as $.50 a year worth of insurance for making all the jars seal and you not getting burned!

Soon you will be buying up jars and lids so you can can more, be on the lookout at yard sales for glass jars as they are very cheap that way and all you have to do is wash them really good and you are all set. We buy lids on sale at end of canning season (and store them well) for next year’s canning to save a bit of money. After canning wash and dry your rings and they will also last for years.

Now get canning.......................................

:AmishMichaelstraw:

I'm going to go see how much a cheap, big pot is this afternoon. Mom doesn't have one big enough either, as the one they use for shrimp boils is in the camper about 2 hours away! My mother-in-law is who has the big pot I used to have, but I hate asking for things back.

It'll be fun figuring out how to carry a big pot on my scooter. I think my cargo net might be the best thing I ever bought for it!

Big pots are expensive unless you run into a good sale. Ask your MIL if you can borrow it back. She might be glad to give or loan it to you.

I've given my DIL lots of things thinking I wasn't going to use them anymore and she's happy to let me use them again. It makes more sense than spending a fortune when you can wait for a sale.

Big pots are expensive unless you run into a good sale. Ask your MIL if you can borrow it back. She might be glad to give or loan it to you.

I've given my DIL lots of things thinking I wasn't going to use them anymore and she's happy to let me use them again. It makes more sense than spending a fortune when you can wait for a sale.

A big pot is $7 at Walmart.

You're right, but she lives out of town, doesn't drive, and my scooter can't leave town, so it'll probably be at least the weekend before I can kidnap it back.