MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hernia??

so I have a hernia, just lovely. . . but the vomiting and constant nausea are driving me nuts and I have to wait 2 weeks to have a CT Scan and see the dr again. I am going on a soft diet, then if I am still sick, will go to liquid. Anyone have any thoughts on how to deal with a mean hernia that is strangling my intestine until I can see Dr. again and get the surgery scheduled. (Wish he wasn't waiting soooo long?!)

I will if I don't feel better - unfortunately I can't leave my kids home alone and one is home from school for a long weekend. . . I will have to be unconscious to be taken by ambulance if something gets critical. . . SCARY thoughts. Will put the kids on alert just in case. I don't want to scare them but if I need them in an emergency, I will have to depend on them.

It may be scary to them , but even if you end up in the hospital via ambulance, later on they know you will be able to come home. If you get feverish, discolorations , anything really weird or cant keep fluids and soft food down, just go to ER hon. Isn't there some friend your kids can go to stay with if need be? What about calling someone who can drive over and stay ? I would simply do that for you if I could. And yes I know how lousy that feels having just gone through pancreatitis and fluid diet for weeks. But either one will kill if you just let them be and dont get them corrected . Thats not a good prospect for your kids either.

Please listen to your body.....

I had emergency surgery this past summer for my hernia that kinked. My doctor told me that if I had waited another day that my situation would not have been good. I have had a total of 4 hernia surgeries. But, this past summer really scared me. I just did not feel right. I felt bloated, could not really have a BM, and began to feel like I had to throw up. I woke up on a Sunday and decided that I could not wait for Monday. Woke up my 15 yr old daughter and told her I needed to go to the hospital and asked her to go with me. Listen to your body.... I made sure to go to a hospital that my doctor practiced at. Which was quite a drive from my home. By the time I got there I was in pain. Needless to say I had to have emergency surgery. I was just glad that my surgeon came to do my surgery on a Sunday and did not let the on duty guy do it. Yay for my doc. Take care of yourself. It really is not something to put off.

Thanks everyone. My son is 17 and said he would stay at the hospital with me just like I stayed with my husband when he was dying. . . lovely thought! The 14 yr old leaves to go back to school tomorrow. So far I am feeling ok now. Lots of tea and soft foods. If the nausea kicks up again though, I am going to the ER at the hospital my dr. practices at.