MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Congratulations to marathon runner : Deerslayer

Today, Deerslayer completed her marathon at OK City Memorial Marathon Race.

Congratulations, Deerslayer!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoooooo!!!!!!!

Incredible!!! I know also that last weekend she ran a mud race which is about half that but a marine like obstacle course with lots of muddy pools and barbed wired ....... shes a champion for sure.

Thanks everyone!!! We showed up strong in Oklahoma city, there were 28,000 long runners and I don't know how many for the the 5k. We never felt unsafe. We had sunrise services at the Survivors tree. Boy was that inspiring!!! We had 168 seconds of silence right before the race in memory of those who died and then we had three more seconds for the Boston deaths. Then off we went!! The race took us through some very beautiful neighborhoods in okc, and boy were we supported. The people were having parties on their lawns as we went by. Now, that doesn't seem strange, except this was six o'clock in the morning!!! One of the parties was even formal!!! Lol.

My last mile was the fastest mile I have ever ran in a competition!!! I just felt inspired!!! Then,as I crossed the finish line, I lost it!! The floodgates opened and I just cried and cried!!!!dh says that happened to a lot of people so at least I wasn't the only one!! I had to just sit down and soak it in!! It all seems a little like a dream this morning!!!

I am a little sore, so I guess I am off for a light run. To work it out!! Thanks everyone for the prayers!! I felt very calm and was able to enjoy every minute of it!!!

I admire such strength Deerslayer. A little rest and reflection and you'll be ready to do it all again!

You must know that it is impossible to "feel inspired" without that same inspiration radiating from you to everyone else.

Edited by lovinit