MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Stunning Fall

Hi. :hi:

50 at night, 80's during the day, lately here. 

My Aunt wrote me a letter, saying the blue berry bushes were red and the trees were changing orange. Anyone have any pics of the fall colors?  

We turn brown, not too pretty. Lol

Last week here in Northern Iowa we were in the 90's.  This week it's the 70's and lovely.  Some farmer's have begun harvesting their soybeans and we hope to begin by the first of next week.  Sometime in October we'll harvest the corn and then hopefully have everything safely stored for another year.  The next season will be winter and I hate winter.  Love the other 3 season but winter.....BAH!  :) 

Here's a picture I took this morning of the sunrise with fog rising off the pasture.  

Have a great day everyone!

Sunrise.jpg

• Like 2

Our leaves haven't started to turn up here in northern Ohio yet. I have noticed some leaves are starting to fall from the trees though so it shouldn't be too long. I always get excited when I see the first ones. It gets absolutely beautiful up here then they change.

• 2 weeks later...

95* yesterday, 60* this morning.  The winter visitors are coming back in droves.  Unfortunately, they like to cruise around the desert and that has caused a LOT of dust in the air (all the time).  The dust does make for some beautiful sunsets.  LOL

Your photo is beautiful Dee.  

• Like 1

We finally caved and turned the furnace on last night.  High today in the 40's and with the rain it's just too cold and damp to hold off any longer.  Some of our trees are still pretty but many are bare.  The farmers are harvesting beans, when the weather holds, but when they plow up the field turning it black we have to know winter isn't too far off.   I don't like winter!!!:groooansmileyf:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...