MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I have some but I haven't used it yet. It isn't legal in all states yet and 'they' are looking into making it illegal. If you want it, it might be prudent to go ahead and get it. I forget which state you are in. It's ban in Indiana but not in Ohio so... The capsules are very expensive (in my opinion) so I got the powder and will make my own. I hear it tastes just like dirt.

I'm dragging my feet because I still have to look up how much to use and which kind. Plus it's kind of expensive.  I got a free book on Kindle about a month ago and will post it again if it becomes free again. There is red, green and white and each one does something different. Plus there are different region where it grows that are better than others. Also I keep forgetting to get a scale to measure the powder for the capsules or whatever. I think it will be something each person will have to experiment with.

I converse with a woman, who was a nurse, who has cancer, and she uses it. She has recommended it and the best kind and where she gets hers. She has started mixing two together to help with pain and nausea. I don't remember which two though.

Here is the book I got when it was free. It is pretty good for basic beginning information. Not sure I'd pay $3.00 for it though. A couple of the reviews say it's too short and you can get the info online. Well, isn't that true with most information? Someone else did the research and condensed it down.

Kratom: Kratom Book: The Ultimate Beginners Guide to All Things Kratom - Everything You Need to Know About Herbal Supplementation with Kratom Powders, ... Arthritis, Restless Leg Syndrome)                                                                                    

https://www.amazon.com/Kratom-Beginners-Everything-Supplementation-Arthritis-ebook/dp/B076KRCV5G/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1521019547&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=kratom&psc=1

4 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I have some but I haven't used it yet. It isn't legal in all states yet and 'they' are looking into making it illegal. If you want it, it might be prudent to go ahead and get it. I forget which state you are in. It's ban in Indiana but not in Ohio so... The capsules are very expensive (in my opinion) so I got the powder and will make my own. I hear it tastes just like dirt.

I'm dragging my feet because I still have to look up how much to use and which kind. Plus it's kind of expensive.  I got a free book on Kindle about a month ago and will post it again if it becomes free again. There is red, green and white and each one does something different. Plus there are different region where it grows that are better than others. Also I keep forgetting to get a scale to measure the powder for the capsules or whatever. I think it will be something each person will have to experiment with.

I converse with a woman, who was a nurse, who has cancer, and she uses it. She has recommended it and the best kind and where she gets hers. She has started mixing two together to help with pain and nausea. I don't remember which two though.

Here is the book I got when it was free. It is pretty good for basic beginning information. Not sure I'd pay $3.00 for it though. A couple of the reviews say it's too short and you can get the info online. Well, isn't that true with most information? Someone else did the research and condensed it down.

Kratom: Kratom Book: The Ultimate Beginners Guide to All Things Kratom - Everything You Need to Know About Herbal Supplementation with Kratom Powders, ... Arthritis, Restless Leg Syndrome)                                                                                    

https://www.amazon.com/Kratom-Beginners-Everything-Supplementation-Arthritis-ebook/dp/B076KRCV5G/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1521019547&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=kratom&psc=1

Thanks Jeepers!  It is legal in my State and I know they are trying to criminalize it.  Like Ambergris said "it probably works"!  Once he has tried it, we will probably move quickly to get some.  I already have a place to order seeds from, but I have read that they are very difficult to grow.  Won't stop me from trying!  I hope it works for you and that you try it soon.  I will let you know how it works for DH.

Edited by snapshotmiki

From what I hear, Rifat is probably the most cold-tolerant and grows with some protection as far north as southern Georgia.  Dwarfing is being worked on, as is toughening it up, but without much repeatable success.  A four-inch-high plant costs $45.  Or so I hear.

5 hours ago, Ambergris said:

From what I hear, Rifat is probably the most cold-tolerant and grows with some protection as far north as southern Georgia.  Dwarfing is being worked on, as is toughening it up, but without much repeatable success.  A four-inch-high plant costs $45.  Or so I hear.

That's a big chunk of change for a tiny plant but would be worth it if I could keep it alive.  I saw seed pods @ 2 for $8 with shipping but you wouldn't know how fresh they are.

Yep. Follow the money.

I'm saving mine back. I think I'll do another order when I get my tax check though. I have the red, white and green but I think I'll double up on the red.  :shrug:

The next time I go to the doctor (2 months) I'm going to ask for a prescription of a gel med called Voltaren. It is supposed to work wonders on arthritis pain. There is also a generic form of it that I can't remember. I've heard it's kind of expensive but the tube looks big and a little would go a long way. There are also pills but I'd rather concentrate it on one area like my neck instead of it going through my whole system. Of course there is a chance she won't give it to me too.

• Like 1

DH got a red and that's all he even wants to try.  It is working for him so I'm happy!  Although he is off of it now as he has an EGD Thursday and cardiology appt. Monday.  None for a week for him!  Back to nsaids which mess with his ulcer.

• Like 1

We buy Moringa powder and I fill our own caps...it seems to work pretty good for arthritic-type pain etc.  I've found Kava Kava works for me when I need my legs to calm down :-)  Magnesium and Potassium (which I take) also are good for my legs.  My body just doesn't react well to prescriptions.  That's why I started researching herbs etc., many years ago. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2018 at 5:42 PM, Jeepers said:

Dang. That isn't my batch. My source came out of Missouri. Thanks for the heads up! 

Kratom is used by A LOT of addicts to get weaned off of opiate drugs too. Sort of like what methadone is to heroine.

Hubby told me he's seen it advertised at some of the smoke shops in our area...????

Yes, you can get it locally at 'head shops' along with CBD oil as long as it is legal in your state. I don't know where any of them are in my area though. Suppose I could Google it.

I'm waiting before I get my next/last batch because I don't want any more money going out of my bank accounts until I can get approved (or not) for a new mortgage in Indiana. I want to show the best I can.

• Like 1