MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms here! I especially want to say thanks to all the unsung Moms who don't get any credit or recognition from those who they raised or helped raise. For many woman motherhood is a thankless job.

• Like 3

Happy Mother's Day!

So true Momo. Lots of women help to raise other peoples children just by being a positive presence in their lives. Also to the ones who stick by their kids when the other half walks away. Doing the right thing can be pretty thankless too. 

My five aunts and grandmother didn't raise me but they were a very strong factor in my life and wonderful loving role models. I learned so much from them. Also my MIL. She picked up the slack when my mom died when I was 18. She really took me under her wing. 

• Like 1

Happy Mother’s Day!  
Made an arrangement for MIL from all the flowers in my yard. Greenery is Greek oregano, camomile (from Christie, still growing.) a couple sprigs of queens wreath and some wild purple flowers from the alley.  Of course, roses from the front yard.

07503644-4A27-4B84-A29C-5E0EC2E5F4A8.jpeg  

• Like 3

In the midst of our strange and trying days.....we had a wonderful Mother's Day. :bouquet:   My mom always wanted to go to Red Lobster again.  But we have to travel quite a ways to get there.  So my brother, DH, my mom and I piled into brother's rented BUMPY  :sassing:  pickup and headed out.  DH and I had gift certificates ....long unused.  AND we remembered to bring them!!!  :lol:   Had to wait in parking lot for an hour....even tho we arrived at 2:30pm.  NOT right after church for lunch!  :grinning-smiley-044:  My mom ordered a lobster platter but had no idea how BIG it was.  :blink:    Obviously we have leftovers.  :feedme:  

Then I also knew she wanted the last book in the Lorraine Snelling's Red River of the North series.  So the bookstore was on the way outta town.  She found it and a few more.  We don't get to book stores and she doesn't do Kindle like me.  She had all her kids there.....  Happy day for her.  :happy0203:  Plus she had 3 vases of roses.  My girls sent her and I flowers.  Brother got her pink roses...her favorite color.  Normally he barely remembers to call on holidays....he's a GUY!!   But since he was there...  :thumbs: 

We're so glad we could give her that day in the midst of the troubles with my dad.  Nothing we could do for him and a lot we could do for her.  :wub: 

MtRider  .......um....I'm realllllllly tired today tho.  Came home to rest.  Have Internet/laptop back. :pc_coffee:

• Like 2