MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Shabbat Shalom, Mispacha!

Eliana

Hello ladies,

I'm sure the title of my post threw some of you off. During my time of intense teaching with the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit), I was led to the Jewish people and I have begun to learn her ways. Let me assure you, I am not a Jew. However, I do celebrate and keep the Sabbath and I thought (if you don't mind), I would let my joy spill over and bless you as well. So, with that in mind, I will tell you what the title means. For those who don't know, Hebrew is read from right to left. With that in mind, the above title means "Family, peaceful Sabbath." 

Shabbat = Sabbath

Shalom = Peace

Mispacha = Family

And that is what we are. A family. As for the Sabbath, it starts at sundown on Friday and ends sundown on Saturday. It's a gift from the Father in that in His wisdom and compassion, He instituted a day for us to rest. It's a day of love, rest, peace and worship of our Father.

Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and bless His name. - Psalm 100:4

I am thankful that as this week draws to a close, that I still have my health, my family, my home and each and every one of you. May you have a terrific weekend and renew your strength through your rest in Him.

Shabbat Shalom!

Eliana

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I knew Shalom and Shabbat. Two out of three ain't bad. I'm a Christian with a love for the Jewish faith, but not quite a Messianic Jew either. I love the stories in the Old Testament. Especially Noah and Joseph and Moses and David and I read them often.

I honor and appreciate all faiths even if I don't understand them. Shalom.  

I guess you could say I'm a Christian but my Savior was a Jew so it's all good. Blessings on you, Eliana, and everyone you love. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Jeepers said:

I knew Shalom and Shabbat. Two out of three ain't bad. I'm a Christian with a love for the Jewish faith, but not quite a Messianic Jew either. I love the stories in the Old Testament. Especially Noah and Joseph and Moses and David and I read them often.

I honor and appreciate all faiths even if I don't understand them. Shalom.  

I guess you could say I'm a Christian but my Savior was a Jew so it's all good. Blessings on you, Eliana, and everyone you love. 

I am not a Jew. In order to be one, you have to denounce all former religions. This would mean denouncing Yeshua (Jesus) as my Mashiach (Messiah) and that is absolutely something I will never do. But I find a certain peace within their culture. I don't have a label, but if I had to have one - it would be Faith Walker. I walk by faith and not by sight. :) However, I guess many would say I am somewhere between a Messianic and a Nazarene. The Nazarene Jews are the sect that Peter, Matthew, Mark, etc came from. But, I have no opinion concerning anyone else's religion or belief. As long as they believe in our Father and hopefully in His Son, all is right in my world.

One last tidbit for you, Jeepers, in case you didn't know. Torah is the name of the Pentateuch (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy). So when John 1:1 says "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God," what it's really saying is that Yeshua (Jesus) is the Torah. Torah is what the Jews guard with all of their heart. It's kind of beautiful don'tcha think?

Thanks for replying! Looking forward to learning more about you.

• Like 1

One of my cousins is Jewish, one a Muslim and the rest of us run the gambit between Catholic and Southern Baptist, Probably an atheist thrown in there somewhere. There were 30 of us cousins and we adored and respected each other like brothers and sisters. We were our own nation. :D

I say 'were' because many of us have passed on. 

• Like 2

I always knew that the Sabbath was at sundown on Friday and ended Sat. evening. It was not God that changed the Sabbath, But I think it was the Catholics that changed it. I could be wrong on that but for some reason I remember that. Will have to go back and look up why it was changed to Sunday. I know there was a reason for it. 

I am Southern Baptist, but also have a Hebrew Bible.  Haven't looked at it in a while as the past 2 years have been rough.

Eliana your post is a great blessing. Thank you for that. 

21 minutes ago, Littlesister said:

I always knew that the Sabbath was at sundown on Friday and ended Sat. evening. It was not God that changed the Sabbath, But I think it was the Catholics that changed it. I could be wrong on that but for some reason I remember that. Will have to go back and look up why it was changed to Sunday. I know there was a reason for it. 

I am Southern Baptist, but also have a Hebrew Bible.  Haven't looked at it in a while as the past 2 years have been rough.

Eliana your post is a great blessing. Thank you for that. 

Yes! You are correct. The Roman Catholic Empire issued a decree because they wanted to separate from the Jews (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, Paul etc). They declared that the Church was greater than the Jewish Law (Torah) and changed the day from Saturday to Sunday. This was in early 320's. Most people don't know that. :)

Thank you for your kind words. I think I will make a separate post as to why I'm extra joyful today. But at the time of this post, I just had to post.. something! I hope you enjoy your weekend, Littlesister. Much love!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Littlesister said:

I believe these are the reasons:

I believe that the Sabbath is the day of rest - based on God completing the creation in 6 days and resting on the 7th.

The Resurrection occured on Sunday, the first day of the week, and that is what Christian denominations celebrate.

• Like 1