MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy Groundhog Day! A new commercial from JEEP.

Dare I say, this is better than the Budweiser commercials???  :whistling:
---------------------
"Jeep's Extended Bill Murray 'Groundhog Day' Super Bowl Ad And Behind The Scenes Footage From The Production Of The Commercial.
 Bill Murray agreed to reprise the iconic role for his first-ever commercial, and homage/quasi-sequel to Groundhog Day. Jeep Fans and Bill Murray Fans Both Will Enjoy This Ad For Years To Come!"  (Sonny and Cher "I Got You Babe" Plays Throughout the Ad.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Making a quick stop in to let you know we are up to our ears in "{stuff".  I will be going in on the 13th for some Laser surgery to my eyes.  After the cararact surgery, they tell me "sometimes" little pockets form behind the retina that fill with fluid and your vision begins to decline.  Guess who this has happened toQ  They will go in with a Laswe and puncture it and drain it.  Vision will return.  After the initial surgery I had 20/20 in the right, 20/30 in the left.  When I went to get my drivers license renewed I couldn't pass the eye test!  Spo I went to the eye dr., thinking I needed glasses.  But no, it was these little pockets!  So if you notice spelling errors it is because pc screens are almost impossible for me to view.  After this surgery my vision should be back to it's normal state.

Next, our city code enforcement officers decided to weaponize thie office and come after us for 
trash" (hubby's collection of recycled metals etc) and got the police to issue a violation so we had to go to court and pay a fine of !00 for each of us, because we both own the house.  Then they came again and said we didn't have enough gravel on our driveways and parking areeas!  So we had to buy gravel and he spread it by shovel ful, load after load, from a little trailer we borrowed.  He has since recycled all of the stuff (from our bsmt) and had enough to buy him his own utility trailer (and return the borrowed one).  Needless to say all work on the other two properties is at a standstill!

Abby girl is aging but still my baby.  She needs more mommy attention...so I give it freely.  We also got adopted by a ferral kitty.  He came this past spring skinny and meowing.  We set some food out on the sidewalk and he'd eat but wouldn't let us near him.  After about a week, we moved the food to the porch step, but he still wouldn't let us near.  Nest we moved the food to a table on the porch, and he began to let let us pet him.  Now...he's spoiled rotten!  Hubby built him an insulated "cat house" and put straw inside...he's quite comfy! LOL  He and Abby don't get along and I'm allergic to cat dander so outside is a must.  He's "in tact" so he'll just have to stay that way in order for him to stay free ranging/.  Just the way it has to be for him to survive.  

My son is hanging in there.  Battles health issues galore but that's the best he can do.  Obesity, PTSD, Diabetes, Congestive Heart issues...yes...he took the jab and is paying the price...day by day.  

The weather is crazy here, never know if it's spring or winter!

We keep the night temp at 65 and 70 at day and just dress worm.  Our utilities have doubled...like everything else.  We continue to shop Mennonite and keep the pantry stocked up

So...that's pretty much the update and an explanation of where I have been.  Blessings to all and prayers always welcome!

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

So glad to hear from you We2’s.  I’m sorry you are having to deal with all these problems and praying they will all resolve and give you peace again.  :bighug2:

• Thanks 1

Midnight....since I don't watch Superbowl  [or anything, for that matter, not having a TV ]  I'm so glad you presented it here.  I did like the original movie.  This was quite entertaining!!!  :lol:  And we all know Jeepers is lovin' it!!!!  :happy0203:   How many times have you played it, Jeepers?  Lean into those spins!!!!  :008Laughing:

WE2's !!!!!!!  So glad you popped in with an update.  Love that MrWe2 got that much from recycling....especially after the harassment.  It sure makes sense ....and cents....to recycle.  [ Even if woke-generation thinks they thot of it first.  :buttercup:  ]   Give Abby a few head strokes from all of us.  We lost Koa waaaaay too soon.  :sad-smiley-012:   STILL miss her badly. 

MtRider   ...put my hands on backwards today and can hardly type a sentence...  :gaah: 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

And we all know Jeepers is lovin' it!!!!  :happy0203:   How many times have you played it, Jeepers?  Lean into those spins!!!!  :008Laughing:

Bunches. LOL

We talked about that Jeep a few months ago. I think Euphrasyne started a post in the Humor Me forum. Ever since then I've seen a bunch of those Gladiators all over town. I never noticed them before. They do look nice.

I watch some of the super bowl. Actually, I go back and forth between the super bowl and the puppy bowl. Spending most of the time watching the puppy bowl. It is so darn cute.  :wub:  

Puppy Bowl XIX — which airs Sunday at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. ET on Animal Planet, Discovery+, Discovery, TBS, and HBO Max, and features 122 pups competing on the mini-field — will spotlight 11 additional pups who can be adopted during the broadcast.

Me:
Pre game starts at 1:00pm.  Cats usually provide the half time entertainment.  :D
  • Haha 1
On 2/6/2023 at 1:36 PM, The WE2's said:

My son is hanging in there.  Battles health issues galore but that's the best he can do.  Obesity, PTSD, Diabetes, Congestive Heart issues...yes...he took the jab and is paying the price...day by day.  

I am sorry to hear this about your son. :(

I have a lot of those same issues, BUT, I did not take the jab nor any of the follow-up ones for the new variations/changes in the virus. 

Political opinion to follow.................. :soapbox:

I have become convinced that TPTB allowed Trump to be elected because they knew this pandemic was coming, and they also knew that he would be unconventional in his approach to getting a vaccine pushed through in record time. I belive "they" also knew that many of his supporters would trust said vaccines, and once that mission was accomplished they had no more use for him.............................

What I don't understand is why he keeps pointing to this accomplishment as if it was the greatest thing ever as it totally morphed into the most awful thing ever foisted on Americans - especially those who "dared" to speak out against it and even suggested that were safer alternative methods for treatment. :banghead:

But, I am "afraid" that I am:beat_deadhorse:

• Like 1
On 2/2/2023 at 5:51 PM, Midnightmom said:

Jeep's Extended Bill Murray 'Groundhog Day' Super Bowl Ad And Behind The Scenes Footage From The Production Of The Commercial.
 Bill Murray agreed to reprise the iconic role for his first-ever commercial, and homage/quasi-sequel to Groundhog Day. Jeep Fans and Bill Murray Fans Both Will Enjoy This Ad For Years To Come!"  (Sonny and Cher "I Got You Babe" Plays Throughout the Ad.)

I should have done this when I first posted the commercial. :misc-smiley-231: :24:

jeepduck.JPG.240a221e0801d0d66d41ccc33253871b.JPG

Why "duck" a jeep???

https://lancasteronline.com/news/local/duck-and-wave-a-look-at-why-jeep-owners-put-ducks-on-other-jeeps-and/article_0fc9f098-f54c-11eb-900f-4bf2dd5471e3.html

• Like 1

:lol:   Totally weird but cheerful comradery should be encouraged at every opportunity.  :thumbs:  

Y'all, I was telling DH about this video and how the Jeeps are getting so popular.  We reminisced about "Slug Bug"  game for the VW Bugs.  And I started pointing out all the newer Jeeps on the road.  Hard top.  "Rag" tops.  Only a few older ones.  BRILLIANT BLUE!  Lots of those.  I think if I'd started counting...I'd have reached thirty-some Jeeps in a half hour drive.  

'Course...it was a Saturday in Colorado Mts.....  :shrug: 

Zero Slug Bugs sighted tho.  We had the misfortune of owning an orange one of those.  I hate orange and that was the worst vehicle we ever had!  No heat or windshield wipers in MN winter!   :frozen: 

MtRider  ....but it could have been just the 'bad apple...orange in the barrel. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jeepers I see a lot more Jeeps around here as well. Wonder if it's because they are 4-wheel drive?  But then there are other models that are 4-wheel drive as well. But I did see a list of what they call prepper cars.  Jeep and Bronco where the top of the list.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Littlesister said:

Jeepers I see a lot more Jeeps around here as well. Wonder if it's because they are 4-wheel drive?  But then there are other models that are 4-wheel drive as well. But I did see a list of what they call prepper cars.  Jeep and Bronco where the top of the list.

Crimony, there goes my cover. I thought I was being a 'gray wo-man'.   :ph34r: 

I'd sell it but I'd just buy another Jeep anyway.  :girlneener:

• Haha 3