MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thanksgiving 2021

We were getting ready to head over to have Thanksgiving dinner with my husband's family. I get a call from my sister in law she is crying and screaming Rosie is not breathing get here ASAP. I tell my husband we all jump in the car. My husband is a first responder/fire fighter he is going 80. They call again and say she is still not breathing we are giving her CPR ambulance on way. We get there but she passes before we get there. We decided to go ahead and do Thanksgiving and be thankful for everything that she gave us. She was my second mom for 23 years. It has been so hard loosing my second mom. We have my mom left for our parents now and that is it. She just turned 67 and I thank God every day for her

• Sad 6

It's a good thing that they also tried CPR and called 9-1-1 instead of just waiting for you and your dh to get there. I'm sorry their efforts did not help her to survive, but they did all that they could - left no stone unturned.

It is hard to move on after a loss like that, but you will be able to do it if you remember to reach out to other loved ones when you are feeling overwhelmed.

verseoftheday11292017instagram_2000x.thumb.jpg.d80c0a717b232232ba74f8d94e7f64c8.jpg

• Like 2

Orchid...does your title mean this happened in Nov 2021? 

Some things are so very memorable and have long lasting effects on our lives.  Any thing that particularly causes you to remember this at this time?

MtRider  :pray: