MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Should I buy an ex-display kitchen?

Could you pls advise on this issue? I plan to install a new kitchen in my home. A local kitchen installer told me that they can sell me an ex-display kitchen at a cheap price. It has been displayed in their showroom for the last two years. Apparently, its original price was £16,000 but I can have it at half price. Is it a normal thing to install this kitchen in your home? Thank you

• Like 1
Just now, maymayms said:

Could you pls advise on this issue? I plan to install a new kitchen in my home. A local kitchen installer told me that they can sell me an ex-display kitchen at a cheap price. It has been displayed in their showroom for the last two years in ex display kitchens Glasgow. Apparently, its original price was £16,000 but I can have it at half price. Is it a normal thing to install this kitchen in your home? Thank you

appreciate any help

• Like 1

I would be sure to have a look at it before buying it.  We bought a modular home that had been a display model for 2 or 3 years and it has worked out fine.  It was especially nice as it was complete with curtains, appliances, etc.  I'd give it a try if I were you.

• Like 1

I think it would be hard for me to say which way to go on that. We remodeled our kitchen 30 years ago and had the kitchen cabinets and everything custom made. Can you take a picture of said kitchen and post it here to give a better idea of what they have in the showroom?