MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What Are You Canning Today??

@Midnightmom, if you like the corned beef and it is a good price where you are at, I'd buy what I could find. 

I checked it out on line:

12 cans of the original chunky. 11.5 oz.

Amazon = $71.00

Wal-mart = 77.00

But Amazon has the 7 oz. 12 pack size for $52.00. Is that the size you have? That sounds more doable for me. I need to see some 11.5 oz and 7 oz. cans side by side to better judge for myself. 

Product of Australia with no hormones and no antibiotics. That's a plus these days. 

• Like 2

I have the 11.5oz can of the Corned Beef. It was $6.99/can at the Grocery Outlet store.

If you purchase any of the 12 packs online, it works out slightly cheaper than what I paid........................ but who has $100 to spend on cans of corned beef!!!!

However, I did find it available on Amazon by the can and that makes it $8.99/can (with Prime) .................. https://a.co/d/7i7MiHl   

Capture.JPG

Edited by Midnightmom
  • Like 3
14 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I saw that too. Still, $9.00 a can for probably only a couple of sandwiches plus the bread, kraut, cheese and mayo would be a pretty expensive sandwich. Even if it makes two. 

Had to try it as I was curious about whether it would be like the "other" stuff. It t'weren't. It was surprisingly good, but undecided if I will spring for a few more cans or not.

• Like 1

Canned another 14 qts of venison/veggie soup yesterday. 2 batches of soup gave me 21 qts. Have at least 3 batches left to do. Gotta get more celery. 

• Like 2

I ended up with 50 half pints of carrots. It's a lot but my canner holds 25 half pints so it was just two canner loads. 

Canning for one is easier than canning for a whole family. That's for sure. 

• Like 2