MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tornadoes In OH & IN

South and east of me. :pray: for those that were in the path. Just strong winds and heavy rain here.

• Like 5

What I’m seeing people saying, Winchester took a direct hit.

There was a lot of damage around Northridge School campus on my way in this morning. A large agriculture barn was ripped down and debris strewn all across the trailer dealer and school campus. 

Saw tons of trees down at 37/605 and 3 is still closed just south of Sunbury. I was in downtown Sunbury when it passed through and it was short but violent, seems the center went more over Galena. Damage path seems to be long but very narrow, thankfully.

Edit: The line from Galena > Northridge puts the path right thru the egg farm, which seems to be a tornado magnet.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Glad you are okay Necie. I was concerned about you when I saw Fort Wayne and also Berne were under a warning. 

It was south of me too here in Ohio. But it was in Muncie which is getting too close to my family down there in Rush County. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mt. Rider, I agree. I don't like tornados either. We have been very fortunate around here as we only had one that came near us and took out the pumping station and city water in some areas. That has been years ago, and we haven't had any more near here. That one did a lot of damage though. 

We will be having hurricane season coming up later in the year. Not looking forward to that either as so far, we have been very fortunate around here, but it only takes one. 

Necie and jeepers, glad you are both safe from that. I really feel for those people that was in that camp site. Looked like nothing was left. 

• Like 3