MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hihi! New here.

Chef Spork

Hihi! Stumbled across this forum via a link from...uh...somewhere.

Anywho.

Baker/chef from AZ here to absorb info and contribute what I can. The man of the house got me on board and now I'm helping the best I can.

Thanks!

Hi, and welcome. Maybe you can teach us some fun things !

I just bought 1000 sheets of parchment paper, 16X24 inches. Now I have to try them out. Going to make pumpkin rolls with cream cheese filling and freeze them until Thanksgiving.

I just love parchment paper and I got so tired of those teeny rolls of it.

What you cooking for Thanksgiving ?

Hi, and welcome. Maybe you can teach us some fun things !

I just bought 1000 sheets of parchment paper, 16X24 inches. Now I have to try them out. Going to make pumpkin rolls with cream cheese filling and freeze them until Thanksgiving.

I just love parchment paper and I got so tired of those teeny rolls of it.

What you cooking for Thanksgiving ?

Parchment! Pumpkin rolls sound delightful! Savory or sweet? I might have to track you down. I LOVE pumpkin.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be cooking for someone else's family at a side job for thanksgiving but I've yet to see the menu...

If I get to cook at home though...I was going to head over to my grandmas and help her with the big family meal. We usually have 3 birds...one deep fried, one smoked and one roasted. And, of course, the obligatory calorie overload of side items.

I've been fiddling with a pumpkin cobbler recipe for a bit that I'd like to make regardless of if I'm there or not.

OK, I just *gotta* ask... what is that in your avatar? I'm guessing it's a baked and glazed bread item, but it could be a meat product...??? :blink:

Welcome and have fun! If there's anything in particular you're looking for, just ask. What's the man of the house interested in that brought you here? :)

:bighug2:

OK, I just *gotta* ask... what is that in your avatar? I'm guessing it's a baked and glazed bread item, but it could be a meat product...??? :blink:

Welcome and have fun! If there's anything in particular you're looking for, just ask. What's the man of the house interested in that brought you here? :)

:bighug2:

LOL! someone actually thought it was a steak once...but naw. its some giant (seriously! this thing was originally like, the size of your head! and it was 3.50!!) cinnamon roll, sitting on the dash, I bought just outside of Colorado. The man and I were heading up towards Creasted Butte for some camping/ham radio field day fun and I wanted to play with my new camera. :happy0203:

I've lurked a lot over at various places for years...but never really felt the desire to sign up. Once I stumbled upon this place, I guess I just liked the "vibe" here. Probably helped that it appeared to be a forum run by other boob possessing humans. :whistling: (sorry guys)

:tapfoot: OK, you two... report to the kitchen immediately! Let's see recipes for the Pumpkin roll and Pumpkin cobbler ASAP!!! :baseballbat:

:Blushing: Well, I guess I should ask nicely...

PLEASE???

(Pumpkin cobbler... I can't even imagine... I've heard of pumpkin puddings...) :happy0203:

Love pumpkin roll! I used to make it every year BB (that's Before Bypass). If you like nuts you can sprinkle chopped walnuts on the cake part prior to baking. We decided we liked more filling so I always doubled the filling part of the recipe. (Which pretty much explains why I had to have the bypass)

Archived