MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Stopping in

Hi all! I peeked around a few corners and saw a bunch of new members as well as the "old" ones. I just wanted to pop in and see what was going on with everyone. As for us...my DD and I bought a house together after she divorced her abusive husband. That was about a year and a half ago. I'm helping her with her two little boys (age 5 and 2). She has permanent injuries in her back and wrist so can't really work. Fortunately, between a settlement she got from him and cashing out my retirement, we managed to buy the house outright.

I was laid off for several months in 2010. Went back to teaching for awhile, then found a good job at the university. I'm paying off bills from being off work and putting together a business plan. With the experience I'm getting in my new job and the fact that I'm finishing my master's degree this August (one more class!), I will be able to start my own business doing grant writing and evaluations for various organizations and agencies. :darlenedance: Maybe then we can think about getting out of the city since I'll be able to work from home.

Right now I am struggling to keep our grapevines and fruit trees alive in this heat and drought. We have had too many days of 110+ heat and only 1/3 of an inch of rain this year. I lost two of our grapevines. I didn't even bother with a "summer" garden. I haven't had time to put up a shade structure, which is a must for summer gardens here.

I hope everyone is doing well, or as well as can be expected in these uncertain times. I think those of here at MrsS will fare better than most others :smiley_shitfan:

:welcome: back, Goatherder

:pc_coffee:

Even with shade screens my garden is withering away. Only the long green chili and jalapeño plants are thriving. I am struggling to keep the spices growing long enough to harvest.

I'm still on "vacation" so my internet time is limited. But I've just gotta say... WELCOME HOME! :hug3:

I've missed you, Sweetie!!! So glad you came in to give us an update.

More later, when I'm not struggling with DH's 'puter... :wacko: